Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Programs that matches Finnair status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ed Size

Good that my points account is empty, good that all flights for the future were booked as awards, good that I just booked with KLM.

Take advantage of the Kenyan Air status match to get SkyTeam Elite plus.

https://travel-dealz.com/deal/kenya-...-status-match/
Old Aug 16, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I got a TK status match for s*its and giggles a few weeks ago with a status challenge. I am now pretty motivated to complete that challenge fully to be *G for the next 2 years. Just to hedge my bets. The only downside is that OWE is a _very_ nice status to have in Australia.
From my pov my 700k+ AY+ points will probably become more useful once converted to Avios and moved to somewhere else for redemptions.
The ens*ittification of AY+ continues.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer

I've applied for that and waiting to hear back. Have you heard back regarding it? How long did it take you to get the status match?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by satisfying.that.wanderlust
I've applied for that and waiting to hear back. Have you heard back regarding it? How long did it take you to get the status match?
chech the account. I was matched to plat without a notification.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
I decided to apply as well. Haven't been matched yet but it now says on the website that it may take seven days.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

That's what I love about this forum... I'm more a regular on the BA board (I'm Silver with them), but popped over here because a thread there mentioned the AY changes, and I had been thinking about a business lite LHR-HEL-DXB return later this year to help my BA requalification. Wasn't sure if I'd still get 440TPs or not.

And now, I have THIS wonderful bit of information
about a Skyteam status match! This will be a massive help if - as I expect - I will be flying KLM or Virgin next year.

So thank you, in a thread discussion about an otherwise depressing change, my day has well and truly been made
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
It worked for me. I registered and sent in a status match request (with an screen grab of my Finnair Gold card) last weekend and got confirmation today that the status match was granted.

I am yet to try it, but Asante Gold seems to give benefits on par with or above Finnair Gold. I am not going to fly a lot on Kenya Airways but the card's SkyTeam Elite Plus travel benefits (two-pax lounge access, priority check-in, security, and boarding, free seat selection, extra piece of luggage) should carry over to flights on other SkyTeam members. With, e.g., Delta, KLM, Air France, Korean Air, China Eastern, and Virgin Atlantic, SkyTeam is actually an interesting alternative to OW or *A.

It remains to be seen how well everything works in practise.

Cheers,
T.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...

Excellent suggestion, thanks! I am now a proud Asante Rewards Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus member 🤓

Cheers,
T.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thalassa
It worked for me. I registered and sent in a status match request (with an screen grab of my Finnair Gold card) last weekend and got confirmation today that the status match was granted.

I am yet to try it, but Asante Gold seems to give benefits on par with or above Finnair Gold. I am not going to fly a lot on Kenya Airways but the card's SkyTeam Elite Plus travel benefits (two-pax lounge access, priority check-in, security, and boarding, free seat selection, extra piece of luggage) should carry over to flights on other SkyTeam members. With, e.g., Delta, KLM, Air France, Korean Air, China Eastern, and Virgin Atlantic, SkyTeam is actually an interesting alternative to OW or *A.

Cheers,
T.
SkyTeam E+ benefits vary a lot, it's nothing like oneworld. For instance, no lounge access for DL domestic flights. No access to Virgin Clubhouse unless you're flying VS or DL (not really relevant since AFKL moved from T3 to T4 at LHR). On DL, Skypriority boards even after some economy groups, let alone J, PE and DL's own elites etc..

AFKL experience as E+ is still okay though, you board after business and get a discount on seats.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Thalassa

I am not going to fly a lot on Kenya Airways but the card's SkyTeam Elite Plus travel benefits (two-pax lounge access, priority check-in, security, and boarding, free seat selection, extra piece of luggage) should carry over to flights on other SkyTeam members. With, e.g., Delta, KLM, Air France, Korean Air, China Eastern, and Virgin Atlantic, SkyTeam is actually an interesting alternative to OW or *A.

Cheers,
T.
I've heard that no one is recognizing and providing status benefits. Seems like SkyTeams is a bit different compared to *A or OW and KenyaAirways needs to have separate partnership with member airlines for status to be recognized/ benefits to be provided.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 5:38 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by lento
I've heard that no one is recognizing and providing status benefits. Seems like SkyTeams is a bit different compared to *A or OW and KenyaAirways needs to have separate partnership with member airlines for status to be recognized/ benefits to be provided.
Plat to Plat matched effortlessly and 1500 points from "customer actions" by signing up and providing further details. Interesting to see, how SkyTeam treats us "matchees".
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by TTL
Plat to Plat matched effortlessly and 1500 points from "customer actions" by signing up and providing further details. Interesting to see, how SkyTeam treats us "matchees".
same here, BTW didnt find anywhere if they have a digital card or physical card available.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:39 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Clydez
same here, BTW didnt find anywhere if they have a digital card or physical card available.
Have to ask from their customer service. Maybe card is coming via snail mail…
Old Oct 12, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lento
Does SAS offer statusmatch for AY migrants ? 😀
they do, email [email protected] for a match in under 24hours
Clydez and Ruskeasuo like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
they do, email [email protected] for a match in under 24hours
you need to send a copy of your ay card with name and expiry date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.