Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair from LHR and current disruptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair from LHR and current disruptions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Movements are not the issue. Passenger number cap is.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:18 pm

Oh blimey how do they choose who to cancel?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by sjoh1271

Wonder if we could ask for Original Route Credit if we booked during the 3x points promo and got cancelled
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
its random selection I was told. Two of us were due to travel LHR-HEL tomorrow on separate tickets but with a separate onward booking to BKK. One of us had our LHR-HEL cancelled, the other one did not. Despite calls to finnair they are not in the slightest bit interested in trying to resolve the issue. Every question/suggestion gets a standard robotic answer “ due to capacity restrictions at Heathrow there is no availability “. Needless to say, finnair will never see my money again.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
its random selection I was told. Two of us were due to travel LHR-HEL tomorrow on separate tickets but with a separate onward booking to BKK. One of us had our LHR-HEL cancelled, the other one did not. Despite calls to finnair they are not in the slightest bit interested in trying to resolve the issue. Every question/suggestion gets a standard robotic answer “ due to capacity restrictions at Heathrow there is no availability “. Needless to say, finnair will never see my money again.
Can't you get to Manchester and take the 1750 flight from there? That should get you to HEL in time for the BKK connection.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Can't you get to Manchester and take the 1750 flight from there? That should get you to HEL in time for the BKK connection.
Also try AY1578 CDG-HEL dep1900 arr2255
or AY1546 BRU-HEL dep1915 arr 2245

and a train to Paris or Brussels if you can’t get them to put you on AF or SN

Last edited by salut0; Jul 21, 2022 at 5:02 am
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Believe me, we’ve explored all alternatives
eddibabyyeah and salut0 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:56 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Emirates is not amused.

florens and EuroFlash like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
But they, too, complied in the end, albeit without cancellations of already-ticketed customers.

I bet AY has quite a lot less negotiation power…
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:12 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lkrt
But they, too, complied in the end, albeit without cancellations of already-ticketed customers.

I bet AY has quite a lot less negotiation power…
Exactly. They can complain all they want, but in the end they will comply. And customers are effed. Ah well.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I sincerely hope that all these airlines sue Heathrow for the costs involved in them handling Heathrow's complete inability to operate an airport competently.

Meanwhile, my LHR-HEL ... HEL-LHR experience was not bad in the end.

On the way out (17 July) it took us about an hour to check in (few minutes wait), and pass security (~40 minutes queue, ~10 minutes actual processing) in fast track. I estimate slow track might have added 30 minutes to the experience. Not great, but not a complete disaster. CX lounge was busy but working fine. Bags made it out OK without delay.

On the way back (23 July) checkin took about 2 minutes (zero wait), security took about 5 minutes (zero queue). Overall HEL airport was not crowded, and the non-Schengen Platinum lounge is very nice indeed. The Captain made an announcement before departure that previous flights had to wait an hour at Heathrow before passengers could get off, and he hoped we could have less trouble this time. As it happened, there was no delay getting on stand and off the aircraft. Immigration (e-gates) had a few minutes queue. Bags came out within about 10 minutes of us getting to the baggage hall, so probably within 30 minutes of arrival or so. All bags made it fine.

I'm sure we had it better than most, being not unlucky with bags and having priority security on the outbound (I don't think it made much difference on the return). However, one has to bear in mind that 90-something % of bags are making it in and out of Heathrow, despite quite a few bags standing around near luggage belts looking lonely and unloved, so it goes OK for most.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:10 am

I've had more LHR travel in recent weeks than normal and all I can say is it's unpredictable and inconsistent, you get what you get on the day. I've been on AY, SK, LX, LH and A3. At best, immigration has been easy and the bag on the belt when I got there. At worst, which was last Friday, I waited over an hour to use an e-gate and two hours for my bag. Evenings are particularly bad or so it would seem so if you can, travel early in the day!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
I was flying with AA (codeshare AY) today morning (T3) and it took only 1020 mins at the fast track. In the normal security the queue was a bit longer but didn't seem to be too bad. It could be because it was pretty early in the morning (around 9 am), though.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Pax cap extended to October…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2145482.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.