Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Helsinki Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Helsinki Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by BlueCross
Amex Plat will get me + 1 guest in without a BP.
This is the most overpowered perk of that card. Let's see how long it sticks...

Last edited by cistavoda; Mar 21, 2022 at 6:38 am Reason: messed up quote characters
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by cistavoda
This is the most overpowered perk of that card. Let's see how long it sticks...
As long as airport staff people wont abuse it for daily lunches I would say. Those who have a card.

Thats what happened at Pontus at ARN so they started to require BP
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), KQ Plat (*S Elite Plus), Amex Platinum, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by FFlash
As long as airport staff people wont abuse it for daily lunches I would say. Those who have a card.

Thats what happened at Pontus at ARN so they started to require BP
Yeah, better enjoy it while it lasts
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I was suprised that the airside PPremium lounge now closes at 1900. Luckily landside is open till 2300 and kitchen closes at 2230. Missed my train by a few minutes so a quick meal and drink it is
joorinainen likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Looks like the Glow hotel breakfast is now served in the PP lounge

Just FYI
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:41 pm

Intresting experience, Placed my order and waited. After a 20min wait started to think did I place the order or not...

Looks like their ordering system went down, so no orders were going through....

They happily took the order by hand so all is well, just beware if its not quick ASK 😁
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Intresting experience, Placed my order and waited. After a 20min wait started to think did I place the order or not...

Looks like their ordering system went down, so no orders were going through....

They happily took the order by hand so all is well, just beware if its not quick ASK 😁
I realized their app is buggy. When u click your order, it doesnt react but you need to click the same another time and only then it goes through
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:25 am

I realized their app is buggy. When u click your order, it doesnt react but you need to click the same another time and only then it goes through
I do realize, I have eaten here quite often. but when their server is down it wont go through 😁😆

But luckily they realized and fixed quite quickly
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:22 am

Had the lasagna yesterday and it was tasty. Now I have tried all their menu items and I must say offering set is good. Some I havent liked but there has always been something likable and variety to choose from.
The ryebread breakfast sandwich is my favorite, AY could take it as new riistaleipä.

And lounge service superb. Attentive staff actively working for customers, asking always ”what can I offer/do for you”.

Last time they didnt even check my id/bp, probably they recognize me already
McCarran, intuition and on22cz like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
The service there is amazing. Much different from the regular AY Scan&Go approach. Of course it has a lot to do with the load factors, but you do really feel welcome at PP.
intuition, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:25 am

Had the lasagna yesterday and it was tasty. Now I have tried all their menu items and I must say offering set is good. Some I havent liked but there has always been something likable and variety to choose from.
The ryebread breakfast sandwich is my favorite, AY could take it as new riistaleipä.

And lounge service superb. Attentive staff actively working for customers, asking always ”what can I offer/do for you”.

Last time they didnt even check my id/bp, probably they recognize me already
The service is gold and the menu is nice. They said they will rotate the menu every 2 months or so so thats nice too...

Drinks could be better but there is enough. I GO THERE EACH TIME and plan to keep doing so tomorrow the next time
McCarran, intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by on22cz
The service there is amazing. Much different from the regular AY Scan&Go approach. Of course it has a lot to do with the load factors, but you do really feel welcome at PP.
Totally agreed. The service is very, very friendly and attentive. Maybe it also has something to do with the staff being not Finns (hence too serious and formal)
joorinainen, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by McCarran
Totally agreed. The service is very, very friendly and attentive. Maybe it also has something to do with the staff being not Finns (hence too serious and formal)
also they seem very invested in making sure the new lounge concept is a success, makes a huge difference inservice attitude as well IMO.

I allways feel welcome here, and when time allows they go the extra mile too.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
also they seem very invested in making sure the new lounge concept is a success, makes a huge difference inservice attitude as well IMO.

I allways feel welcome here, and when time allows they go the extra mile too.
I got the same feeling when i visited. Let's hope that Amex doesn't pull the plug.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
I got the same feeling when i visited. Let's hope that Amex doesn't pull the plug.
I Cannot imagine in the larger scheme of things ax cares about visit, for 720€ one needs to get some benefits...

to be honest before this lounge opening I was going to cancel my AX as I get PP style access from my other card that has zero fees for me theoretically so there would be no need to pay the ax fee, the insurance is nice but worth max 150€ a year. I get more pts using other cards so no benefit there...

The status they offer I dont use as I have higher ones, so they need to stay different.

Time will show of course but lets enjoy it while it lasts 😀
joorinainen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.