Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld Sapphire Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by cantongirl
Lol. I didn't know as Finnair gold you can have complimentary Economy Comfort....I fly longhaul last year at the height of pandemic, no way to select Ecomony Comfort online after booking.
I ended up paying EC both ways.
Just to clarify this: there is no Economy Comfort anymore.

There is only the comfort seat left. And since mid-January 2022 the comfort seat is complimentary as Gold (instead of the extra leg room seat).
cantongirl and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by kauppias
I thought Gold only got EC free at checkin? I could be wrong
Right, I wouldn't have chance to test, cos I had to buy it before OLCI so that my seat would be guaranteed.
But now I read this post more closely, it seems the complementary EC for gold only started from this year, like others clarified.
kauppias likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar

There is only the comfort seat left. And since mid-January 2022 the comfort seat is complimentary as Gold (instead of the extra leg room seat).
Originally Posted by cantongirl
Right, I wouldn't have chance to test, cos I had to buy it before OLCI so that my seat would be guaranteed.
But now I read this post more closely, it seems the complementary EC for gold only started from this year, like others clarified.
Good to know, it has slipped my attention, mostlikely as it does not pertain to me but thats good for Golds 👍👍
cantongirl likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
Originally Posted by Jainzar

Indeed, I just booked a HEL-NRT flight and was positively surprised to be able to select a comfort seat free of charge
cantongirl likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
I had 2 flights to Bangkok and return, and it was great having that EC Seat.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, trying to figure out Skywards
Hi everyone!

Flying long-haul after 4 years, and this time with a toddler so this is going to be some experience! SO and I are both One World Sapphires, booked on the Economy light fare, which was the only reasonably priced ticket for a round trip to India from the US given travel in Dec. Am grateful for all your questions and shared experiences regarding the extra bag, lounge access etc. - it really helped us with our decision to buy this ticket and fly Finnair for the first time. We were able to select Economy Comfort seats for no extra charge and also verified bag and lounge access by chatting with a Finnair rep. If anything different happens along the way, I'll let you all know! Thank you.
SPBanker and work2fly like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 4:06 pm

If you are a BA Silver planning to fly to Mumbai in March on Finnair in business (the mid fare) can you get free seat selection or do you have to pay for it? Many thanks
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
If you are a BA Silver planning to fly to Mumbai in March on Finnair in business (the mid fare) can you get free seat selection or do you have to pay for it? Many thanks
Free indeed.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Free indeed.
Thank you
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
If you are a BA Silver planning to fly to Mumbai in March on Finnair in business (the mid fare) can you get free seat selection or do you have to pay for it?
Things are a bit mixed up in premium economy though. I have an emerald card and seat selection is not free of charge. But in economy or business, seat selection IS free of charge. I realised you can make a test booking, enter your FF number and see the cost of travel extras before you pay so it's easy to verify this.
Getting a friend to try with their AY FF number (AY gold / Saphire) gives different results and premium economy seat selection for AY saphire is free.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: AY LUMO
What is mid fare?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What is mid fare?
Probably the classic fare, aka popular fare, aka more-expensive-than-flex-or-light, aka get no seat no frills, aka lighter than light, aka feel-downgraded fare
Steve_Hun, intuition and SPBanker like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:07 pm
Suspended

For business ticket LHR-HEL segment the seat selection was only 49 pounds per person, some sort of discount they are currently running. Classic ticket type.
Have usually paid well over 60 on A350, it is a bit cheaper on narrow-bodies but a few pounds does not really matter.
Edit: it is for a window seat, other seats seem cheaper but who would choose them anyway.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkusV
Edit: it is for a window seat, other seats seem cheaper but who would choose them anyway.
Couples wanting to be in proximity to each other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.