Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld Sapphire Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, BAEC
Oneworld Sapphire Benefits

Firstly apologies if this is posted somewhere, I've looked on the Oneworld website and searched within this sub thread to no joy...

I'm currently BA Silver (Sapphire), am I correct in thinking if I book an Economy Classic ticket I get the following benefits:

- 1 extra bag (upto 23kg)
- A free seat reservation including Economy Comfort on the Long Haul and Short Haul legs
- Lounge access

Thanks in advance
cocoabean28 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by TS77
Firstly apologies if this is posted somewhere, I've looked on the Oneworld website and searched within this sub thread to no joy...

I'm currently BA Silver (Sapphire), am I correct in thinking if I book an Economy Classic ticket I get the following benefits:

- 1 extra bag (upto 23kg)
- A free seat reservation including Economy Comfort on the Long Haul and Short Haul legs
- Lounge access

Thanks in advance
The bag and lounge access will not be an issue. Free Economy Comfort hasn't been available for Sapphire for many years now, you can however select exit rows but AY is currently planning to enhance that away as well. If you select it before the policy change, you should be fine but OLCI might make you cough up money.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks for this - appreciate it. I'll get my booking in shortly.

I'm wondering how busy the route will be (SIN-HEL-LHR), I'm not sure quite how many people are travelling into Singapore given the current restrictions.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The bag and lounge access will not be an issue. Free Economy Comfort hasn't been available for Sapphire for many years now, you can however select exit rows but AY is currently planning to enhance that away as well. If you select it before the policy change, you should be fine but OLCI might make you cough up money.

Looks like I might have missed the free extra legroom option, although it is now suggesting free comfort seats are an option? I might brave the chat bot again...

Advance seat reservation

You can pre-select a seat through manage booking with these exceptions:
  • Flights departing before 19 January 2022: the benefit includes also Extra Legroom seats but excludes Comfort seats.
  • Flights departing from 19 January 2022 onwards: the benefit includes also Comfort seats but excludes Extra Legroom seats.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?

I'm wondering how busy the route will be (SIN-HEL-LHR), I'm not sure quite how many people are travelling into Singapore given the current restrictions.
Most likely you will have own row in Y, so its even better not to have exit row seat.

disclaimer, i havent flown SIN in 3 years, but other LH i have been past 4 months have been empty.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN, AYP LAT
SIN - HEL - SIN was about 2/3rds full recently.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jorma
Most likely you will have own row in Y, so its even better not to have exit row seat.

disclaimer, i havent flown SIN in 3 years, but other LH i have been past 4 months have been empty.
Thanks - my hope it the flight would be fairly empty, that said SQ and BA were pretty much full when I flew Q3 & early Q4. I don't imagine Singapore will loosen their vice like grip on the border anytime soon so tourists won't be coming from Europe...
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Free Economy Comfort hasn't been available for Sapphire for many years now, you can however select exit rows but AY is currently planning to enhance that away as well. If you select it before the policy change, you should be fine but OLCI might make you cough up money.
Complimentory Economy Comfort is available now for AY Golds (and OW Sapphire?) since this month. Complimentory exit row is gone.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Complimentory Economy Comfort is available now for AY Golds (and OW Sapphire?) since this month. Complimentory exit row is gone.
There was a thread earlier talking about the changes written in vague language, considering the launch of PE. I guess we’ll need to see what actually applies.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:43 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Looks like I might have missed the free extra legroom option, although it is now suggesting free comfort seats are an option? I might brave the chat bot again...

Advance seat reservation

You can pre-select a seat through manage booking with these exceptions:
  • Flights departing before 19 January 2022: the benefit includes also Extra Legroom seats but excludes Comfort seats.
  • Flights departing from 19 January 2022 onwards: the benefit includes also Comfort seats but excludes Extra Legroom seats.
I was recently able to select Economy Comfort as OWS for a flight in February, so can confirm this is available.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
I was recently able to select Economy Comfort as OWS for a flight in February, so can confirm this is available.
Thanks - with BA now flying the 787 on SIN-LHR and the reduced capacity i'll give AY a go, getting into LHR a few hours later is actually better for me.
danielflyer likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
Also AY's A350 is way more comfortable than BA's B787 in Economy.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:31 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Thanks - with BA now flying the 787 on SIN-LHR and the reduced capacity i'll give AY a go, getting into LHR a few hours later is actually better for me.
Just keep in mind that the lounge currently closes at 5:00pm if I'm not mistaken.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Just keep in mind that the lounge currently closes at 5:00pm if I'm not mistaken.
Alcohol service ends 5pm and lounge closes 6pm.
danielflyer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avermat
Alcohol service ends 5pm and lounge closes 6pm.
Is this the lounge in HEL or SG? I was thinking I would use the Qantas lounge or the Marhaba lounge (I think the latter is still open until midnight?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.