Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld Sapphire Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by TS77
Is this the lounge in HEL or SG? I was thinking I would use the Qantas lounge or the Marhaba lounge (I think the latter is still open until midnight?)
Sorry I was referring to the Finnair lounge. No idea about lounges elsewhere.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:25 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by avermat
Alcohol service ends 5pm and lounge closes 6pm.
Can you consume drinks already ordrered untl 6:00pm?

Originally Posted by TS77
Is this the lounge in HEL or SG? I was thinking I would use the Qantas lounge or the Marhaba lounge (I think the latter is still open until midnight?)
HEL
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Yes, drinks ordered before 17:00 can be consumed until 18:00.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Sure can! In the case restaurants (lounge) would be allowed to stay open past 6pm, but alcohol service limited to 5pm you'd be allowed to keep drinks until 6pm until they must be collected away.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:16 am

Hello, booked a bargain Y+ fare LHR-SIN-LHR (£150 more than SQ direct in Y and with Russian airspace closed it's now a long way).
My question - I want to lock in the Y+ seats and I'm a BA Silver. When I try it online it wants to charge me. Do I need to call, or do I wait a day or so? CX does it instantly when I book etc, but not booked Finnair before long-haul.

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by delfindo
Hello, booked a bargain Y+ fare LHR-SIN-LHR (£150 more than SQ direct in Y and with Russian airspace closed it's now a long way).
My question - I want to lock in the Y+ seats and I'm a BA Silver. When I try it online it wants to charge me. Do I need to call, or do I wait a day or so? CX does it instantly when I book etc, but not booked Finnair before long-haul.

Thanks.
Did you have any luck selecting your seats?

I'm considering booking this route in Y+ but want to make sure I'm able to select seats.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:51 am

No luck, but I'd still book it as the price is cheap.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, BAEC
Definitely give them a call, I was allowed to book the Y+ seats the following day after booking for free. In the end the plane was restacked and my seat became Premium Economy! (although economy food)
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:55 am

Can someone please confirm that One World Sapphires can select free seats on Finnair transatlantic Premium Economy flights booked through AA? If so, can you please tell me how. Finnair Customer Service tried but could not do it. However, ten minutes later I received an email with a Finnair number followed by a password, neither of which appeared to work. Advice?

Last edited by sushanna1; Jun 14, 2022 at 10:56 am Reason: clarity
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:20 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sushanna1
Can someone please confirm that One World Sapphires can select free seats on Finnair transatlantic Premium Economy flights booked through AA? If so, can you please tell me how. Finnair Customer Service tried but could not do it. However, ten minutes later I received an email with a Finnair number followed by a password, neither of which appeared to work. Advice?
Not the answer you want to hear but when possible book on the ticket stock of the operating carrier. Best shot might be to call again and hope for a more competent agent. It can be done, 100%.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Not the answer you want to hear but when possible book on the ticket stock of the operating carrier. Best shot might be to call again and hope for a more competent agent. It can be done, 100%.
Thanks. Will definitely try again. I would have booked on Finnair but could not figure out how to make a multi city booking.
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by sushanna1; Jun 14, 2022 at 4:20 pm Reason: Missing word
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Do oneworld sapphire benefits also apply for Finnair Economy Light tickets, USA-Europe? I know BA doesn't allow a checked bag on these types of tickets, so wanted to confirm.

​​​​​​- A checked bag (up to 23kg)- Free seat reservation including Economy Comfort- Lounge access
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by PDXpress
Do oneworld sapphire benefits also apply for Finnair Economy Light tickets, USA-Europe? I know BA doesn't allow a checked bag on these types of tickets, so wanted to confirm.

​​​​​​- A checked bag (up to 23kg)- Free seat reservation including Economy Comfort- Lounge access
In general yes, but avoid BA operated flights.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: AY
Lol. I didn't know as Finnair gold you can have complimentary Economy Comfort....I fly longhaul last year at the height of pandemic, no way to select Ecomony Comfort online after booking.
I ended up paying EC both ways.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cantongirl
Lol. I didn't know as Finnair gold you can have complimentary Economy Comfort....I fly longhaul last year at the height of pandemic, no way to select Ecomony Comfort online after booking.
I ended up paying EC both ways.
I thought Gold only got EC free at checkin? I could be wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.