Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Can someone explain how adding AY Plus number affects tracking period ?
Old May 7, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
it can for new members who join 1 day before the trip?
Old May 7, 2022, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Maybe I wrote it a bit unclear. I would book now for flying in December, and as a new AY+ member, I would join and add the number just short of the flight, so the tracking period would start then instead of now.
What I meant, is it really fine to add the number later regarding the triple point promotion? I know I would be able to do it later...
Old May 7, 2022, 12:54 pm
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Courmisch
My educated guess is that rescheduling during the campaign sale period a booking made before the campaign will grant the extra points, even though it should not work.

And conversely, rescheduling a booking after the campaign sale period a booking made during the campaign will cause the points not to be granted, though it might be possible to argue with customer service (especially if involuntarily rerouted). You may want to save a copy of the campaign terms.

This all boils down to a mismatch between the intent of the campaign and terms of sales on one side, and the actual software coding and database on the other side.
I have been having this fight (to mostly generic copy and paste replies) with AY CS. Had a booking where AY cancelled a flight a month out and had to re-route me. Received new ticket during the 2x promo period (original booking was before that promo). Could have cancelled and re-booked but who knows when I would have received the refund. AY says no 2x points, despite the CS agent saying "only new tickets are included in the campaign". Well, I received a new ticket number, so it should be included.
esledo likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by JoergH
Maybe it was already answered, but is it fine to add the AY+ number later after the booking was made? Don't like to lose 1/2 year of tracking period
I would read "don't forget to add the number on the reservation" as it's fine to add it later?!
I don’t think this is going to work. If you want the triple points, you need to add the AY+ number during the booking process.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Maybe I wrote it a bit unclear. I would book now for flying in December, and as a new AY+ member, I would join and add the number just short of the flight, so the tracking period would start then instead of now.
What I meant, is it really fine to add the number later regarding the triple point promotion? I know I would be able to do it later...
Ah so, not a member yet!
Old May 7, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Is it me or have the prices been bumped up over the past 2-3 days?
On some routes they certainly have. I was on the road when the promo started. When I first read about the promo I looked at the prices if I would rebook the not yet flown Eco Flex bookings I booked during the previous double points promo and saw that I could rebook for roughly the same price. I wanted to get home before doing that, now prices have gone up about 25% for some of the bookings. In some cases I could find similar pricing to my old bookings for other dates, but e.g. HEL - BKK - HEL in Eco Flex in June is now over 1000 e for all dates. It used to be a bit over 800 e (and it still was when the promo started). That roughly 800 e is still available in November.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:44 pm

I would say that you definitely at least need to be AY+ member at the time of booking and the limited sales period for the promotion. It most probably would be a stretch to then later on argue with AY and try to claim for the missing x3 points, when not even been a member at the time of booking and validity of triple points promotion targeted for AY+ members.

I read the reminder to add the membership number to the booking as a requirement to do so when booking, in order to there being even a remote chance for it to work as marketed.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
I don’t think this is going to work. If you want the triple points, you need to add the AY+ number during the booking process.
Are you sure ? Did I make the big blunder ? First booked and few hours later added the number.

Edit : I just checked T & C and it says " Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation". I hope it does not mean during booking process.

Last edited by lento; May 7, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Old May 7, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lento
Are you sure ? Did I make the big blunder ? First booked and few hours later added the number.
Not 100 % sure, but I would assume you need to book with the AY+ number attached right away to trigger the bonus.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by JörgH
Maybe it was already answered, but is it fine to add the AY+ number later after the booking was made?
I doubt that the system even track whence the FFP reference was added, and it would be kind of unfair to program members who simply forgot to add the number during the booking process. I would be surprised if the system checked the date of joining the program either.

So I expect that it would work regardless in practice. But it is ostensibly not supposed to work, and you'd have no recourse if it does fail for any reason.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
My educated guess is that rescheduling during the campaign sale period a booking made before the campaign will grant the extra points, even though it should not work.

And conversely, rescheduling a booking after the campaign sale period a booking made during the campaign will cause the points not to be granted, though it might be possible to argue with customer service (especially if involuntarily rerouted). You may want to save a copy of the campaign terms.
I can only talk about involuntary changes. There is no doubt (also from AY) that this does not affect the applicability of the campaign. But it breaks the automatic process. Same goes for upgrades.

Currently it seems to be a pain to get the additional points into the system. Let alone that they should be marked as points earned for AY flights. This is what really bothers me if you aim for Lumo.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lento

Edit : I just checked T & C and it says " Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation". I hope it does not mean during booking process.
Not 100 % sure, but I would assume you need to book with the AY+ number attached right away to trigger the bonus.
I doubt that the system even track whence the FFP reference was added, and it would be kind of unfair to program members who simply forgot to add the number during the booking process. I would be surprised if the system checked the date of joining the program either.

So I expect that it would work regardless in practice. But it is ostensibly not supposed to work, and you'd have no recourse if it does fail for any reason.

I very much doubt there is any rule saying you need to add the number at booking, and finnair IT certainly is NOT that sophisticated to track that.

I would be 99% that adding a ay+ number before flying is enough. PERHAPS FinnairPlus can verify
Old May 7, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by kauppias
finnair IT certainly is NOT that sophisticated to track that.
Originally Posted by kauppias
PERHAPS FinnairPlus can verify
… that AY IT is sophisticated enough 😂

But I assume that they know since when a member exists.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I just booked a platinum renew flights. All flights next fall during the one week. A few flights around Europe and one CDG-BKK-CDG rt. All flights Y flex except one HEL-ARN-HEL Campaign Light. At this platsku is secured well into 2024. All this was around 140 points/eur. Bangkok is mass tourism as I'm gonna be there four looong days.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.