Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K
Can anyone confirm, whether it's fine to add the Finnair Plus number after booking? Thought about:
1) Creating the Finnair Plus account right before flight date so that I could enjoy 23 months of status
2) Using my Alaska Emerald for seating benefits, then switching to the Finnair Plus number for triple points.

Terms & conditions do state:
"Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation"

But I'd like to make sure to not lose my triple points when booking with my AS number and switching it later.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You will lose your seating benefit if you make a FFP switch.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:32 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Quite a promo! Cancelled a couple of Biz-flex tickets to Amsterdam (in Aug) and London (in Dec) and made new bookings via AY web today. I hope these count as new reservations and result in 56250 TPs both. Another Plat year secured. The only nuisance seems to be getting the refund so slowly.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
You will lose your seating benefit if you make a FFP switch.
unless its done at CI, in my experience. Though its allways a risk the points will not credit correctly
delpiero223 likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; May 5, 2022 at 11:12 am
Old May 5, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
I booked a long-haul europe-US return yielding 175 points/euro. After the 25% platinum bonus it is 219.7 points/euro. It is the best I've found not only in terms of points but also in terms of connections and aircraft used. The positioning flights can be optimally booked using the -30% points discount.

It is indeed rather hard to find sweet spots. One should not forget either the opportunity here to book for end of 2022, if by then the points can count towards a new tracking period. Besides, booking now for end of the year is good for availability and prices of Flex tickets. The main point is to get the Flex ticket issued now as its dates can always be modified later.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
EDIT: maybe too much info.

Last edited by kanamurva; May 6, 2022 at 3:05 am
Old May 5, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I have an Y FLEX ticket to BKK booked before the points promo.
Wondering whether I should rebook.

Would cost me 200 EUR more, but gives me 75.000 points extra. And another 40.000 points for the 200K tier points milestone = 115.000 points for 200 EUR.
It's just that I have both flights upgraded with a voucher...... I wonder if they would even help moving my vouchers and upgrade to the new booking.

Would you do it?
Old May 5, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
I just booked my first mileage run ever! Longhaul from EU to US in Premium Economy Flex for around 240points/euro.

Before I start booking positioning flights and optimizing: if (when) I make AY silver on the outbound leg, will I get the 10% bonus tier points on the inbound leg? I'm staying two nights at my destination if that matters. Also, will I get the extra baggage perk that soon?
FFlash likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
[QUOTE=Jyrsa;34224980]I just booked my first mileage run ever! Longhaul from EU to US in Premium Economy Flex for around 240points/euro.

Removed details about the possible error fare as requested.

Last edited by Jyrsa; May 6, 2022 at 2:04 am
Old May 5, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Just do nothing but wait Your trip.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jyrsa
I just booked my first mileage run ever! Longhaul from EU to US in Premium Economy Flex for around 240points/euro.

Before I start booking positioning flights and optimizing: if (when) I make AY silver on the outbound leg, will I get the 10% bonus tier points on the inbound leg? I'm staying two nights at my destination if that matters. Also, will I get the extra baggage perk that soon?
Premium Economy Flex gives points only in long-haul, and you get 16 000 points per flight. I believe EU-HEL then credits in Economy Flex. EU-HEL-US return is then 2x(3000 + 16 000) = 38 000 points. Triple points campaign makes it 114 000 points. I understand you do not have tier bonus multipliers. Then 240 points/euro means this Premium Economy Flex fare can be had for 475 eur. This is must be an optimal sweet spot. Is it possible to hear about the city pairs and date ranges? As to your silver, you will be bumped up automatically once the points post. Points have been posting within 1-3 days recently.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Premium Economy Flex gives points only in long-haul, and you get 16 000 points per flight. I believe EU-HEL then credits in Economy Flex. EU-HEL-US return is then 2x(3000 + 16 000) = 38 000 points. Triple points campaign makes it 114 000 points. I understand you do not have tier bonus multipliers. Then 240 points/euro means this Premium Economy Flex fare can be had for 475 eur. This is must be an optimal sweet spot. Is it possible to hear about the city pairs and date ranges? As to your silver, you will be bumped up automatically once the points post. Points have been posting within 1-3 days recently.
shouldnt be that way ree: EU part.
We know people get J points for economyseated cabins too like domestic connections, so PE should credit likewise PE point multiprlier on EU cabins in my logic
Old May 6, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Finnair flights credit to ay+- as booked so if you fly J TLL-HEL on a ATR you get J points so why would PE be any different? 😀

Crediting elswhere is a different beast all together 😀
Old May 6, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Just a very basic question. The lack of information in the terms and conditions got me hesitating. If I purchase an award trip with the -30% promo and later want to change the dates, will I be charged +30% for the new dates?
Old May 6, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
shouldnt be that way ree: EU part.
We know people get J points for economyseated cabins too like domestic connections, so PE should credit likewise PE point multiprlier on EU cabins in my logic
What is the PE point amount for intra-EU flights? They aren't listed on https://www.finnair.com/fi-fi/finnai...eitä-lennoista

I can't wait for the -100% campaign in 2092 when AY+ will turn 100.
NoWindowSeat, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.