Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I will go to TYO after a 3 years hiatus, options are AY or JL prem eco, both direct flights - what is the general opinion, which is better?

On AY I can of course try to upgrade to C, but it's a lottery these days.
intuition likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Very good if more people feel like this = better chances for upgrades, I would never take Y over the new J, it’s not _that_ bad for sitting/lounging..and privacy being excellent.
You are welcome.

It was first time in Y after dozens of J and PE LH flights and the next dozen is again booked in J and PE only.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
So I finally had the opportunity to fly the new AirLounge seat. I like it, although my three remarks:

1) The second “normal” pillow is too small, I would love to have the old style pillow back in addition to the memory foam pillow

2) I feel that when the person behind me moves in the footwell, this can be felt too much in my own seat. Same goes for the person in front if you, it will make the “my” footwell vibrate when they move. I dont think this was an issue with the previous seat but since I’m a light sleeper it was very noticeable for me

3) Mattress if not more than a fart protector so you won’t have to have your face directly on fart-induced fabric. Would be great to make this mattress thicker

Overall experience was good.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:12 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I did my first longhaul in the new J-cabin, I'm posting my thoughts here. I'm sure there is nothing that hasn't already been said. Well, maybe just one thing - let's start with that!

Sitting (as in sitting upright, with feet on the floor) is still very uncomfortable to me. My butt hurts, thighs have no support and the right shoulder (in an A seat) hits the back of the seat because of the curvature. I find myself constantly moving around. Putting feet up on the divan makes things a lot better. But for me personally, that is not a preferred sitting position for a long time, and I certainly won't sit like that eating.

On this longhaul I had all the pillows, so I tried out different usage but didn't find the pillows helping. The memory foam pillow is good, and putting it in the back makes back much more comforable. But it also moves the body forward some 5 centimeters, making the thigh support even worse.
At the end of the flight I found a unique solution, at least one I haven't seen reported. I put the memory foam pillow on the seat and sat on it! It was softer on the butt. And as my entire body was raised a few centimeters, both the back support and the thigh support improved. Knee angle also felt better. Of course, all this is highly individual, but if you like me want to sit normally and think it is uncomfortable, try using the memory foam pillow under the butt!

Pillows and stuff - there are just too many items! Yes, the seat needs the pillows, but when you arrive at the seat, you have 2 pillows, one blanket and one mattress that needs management. OK, you can just push everything into the leg space and be done with it. But then you want to make the bed, and all items need to go on the floor in the aisle while you first arrange the seat and then dress it with the mattress.
Comparing to world issues, it surely is a minor thing. But compared to airlines that has service (i.e. they make the bed for you) I found it annoying.

Sleeping - Space is good, and any fears I had over not being able to sleep on boths sides is gone. For me, the bed is way too hard though for comfortably sleeping on the side. The cusion looks to be ≈10 cm thick, but it only depresses some 2 cm before going rock hard.
The mattress is a joke. It adds nothing to comfort. It can't be fixated to the bed either, and after less than 30 minutes of sleeping/turning it was all crumbled up on one side of the bed.
On this flight, "Sauna Airlines" outdid themselves. I've never been on a hotter flight, including notoriously warm JL flights. I had to strip to be able to get some rest, and with the mattress crumbled to one side, I was able to "mark my territory" as I lay sweaty on the seat fabric.
As the firmness of the seat is what it is and can't be changed now, I would urge Finnair to get a proper mattress, thick enough to add softness and to not crumble under the person. A bed sheet would be nice to, but I know I am just dreaming now.

Getting into / out of the sleeping position is slightly difficult, but less of a hassle than I imagined. I would think it could pose more of a problem for an older person, but then again, the demise of air travel (or Finnair itself) might happen before the demise of my body agility, so why worry?

EuroFlash wrote that the seat seems more prone to shaking from others moving in the seat behind you. I attest to this, as the person behind me was a mover. Also, it seems to me people more easily bump into the seat shell when walking in the aisle.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
On this flight, "Sauna Airlines" outdid themselves. I've never been on a hotter flight, including notoriously warm JL flights. I had to strip to be able to get some rest, and with the mattress crumbled to one side, I was able to "mark my territory" as I lay sweaty on the seat fabric.
LOL, that was a good one. Unfortunately I experienced the same on AY 131, 2 weeks back. It was too hot on the plane, don’t really see the point of the blanket if they overheat the cabin.
Let’s see on tomorrow’s AY 132, I hope it won’t be as hot.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Teppo
LOL, that was a good one. Unfortunately I experienced the same on AY 131, 2 weeks back. It was too hot on the plane, don’t really see the point of the blanket if they overheat the cabin.
Let’s see on tomorrow’s AY 132, I hope it won’t be as hot.
We will indeed see. I'll be in Changi from 12.30 if you want to say Hi.
Teppo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Why don’t you just ask them to lower the temperature? I’ve done that several times, and they’ve always obliged. It gets noticeably cooler in a short while.
intuition, GeeTee77 and Teppo like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:36 pm

Is Economy Comfort more cramped now after PE introduction?
I had the misfortune of not having my upgrade cleared on SIN-HEL a while ago.
Thought I´d survive 13 hrs in that seat, but had to take strong sedation to barely survive.
Much less legroom than I could recall.
Impossible to get out from A seat without pushing both seat mates out..
Old Nov 25, 2022, 3:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoWa
Thought I´d survive 13 hrs in that seat, but had to take strong sedation to barely survive.
I haven't noticed the legroom (but my Y-comfort experiences on the new config are mainly shorthaul and I've always had space next to me) but in my experience, the seats (at least on A330, so not to SIN) seem a lot more padded and soft than previously.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by JoWa
Which seat were you in?

Now only some seats are Economy Comfort in front of Y cabin.

Window side, not middle on A350

https://www.aerolopa.com/ay-359-43j

Only middle, not window side on A330

https://www.aerolopa.com/ay-333-28j
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am onboard PE a330 now, and I can check somw details if asked here
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FFlash
I am onboard PE a330 now, and I can check somw details if asked here
I'd like to know what legroom is like when you compare the first row and the rest. Is the first row better/worse?

Do you get free-flowing booze in PE? I just booked two friends in PE to JFK and sort of promised them free booze but I'm not quite sure.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ffay005
Do you get free-flowing booze in PE? I just booked two friends in PE to JFK and sort of promised them free booze but I'm not quite sure.
Yes, but champagne is only available against a fee.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Yes, but champagne is only available against a fee.
On this one (not knowing if general rule):

No predeparture drinks

first drinks asked bwfore meal
2nd drinks offered with meal when it came
Then ladies vanished to Y service
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I'd like to know what legroom is like when you compare the first row and the rest. Is the first row better/worse?

It is about 65-75cm I would say, without having ”intuitions measure”. Make your own conclusion.😆

I always dislike bulkheads if they hit my toes a minimum. And also the lack of IFE screen in front.
the 23 row on A330 is nice since nobody is watching over behind you, thanks to the divider. 23 L missing one window thou but not a big deal
ffay005 and intuition like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.