Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Has anyone who achieved Plat this week seen their status updated with AA?

Based on dummy bookings and charges for preferred seats, it looks like QR sees the new status, but not AA, BA, not QF.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Later did the transfers to 45k tier, the max you can do in one transaction, then 5k and immediately showed
It seems the 45k tier transfer option has been removed? 40k is the max now that I see. But I'm guessing it does not matter as I could do 40k first and then 10k right after?

Cost would still be 10euro for each transaction, correct?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by vivrant
It seems the 45k tier transfer option has been removed?
45k is there, not the most obvious place....

Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by 141park
Hi everyone- Me and wife just earned Platinum for the first time and one of the benefits is the Gold Card Gift. We wanted to gift it to each of our kids. Does it matter when we gift it to try and maximize Gold status for them?
It does not matter much. Buying status at the right time can get you 24 months of status. But giving the card at the beginning of a month gets just 13 months of status.
Venezuela-Miami and 141park like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
To add to Courmisch's post. Gifting card resets the period for the recipient. Thus timing does not affect duration at all. Only avoid gifting on 1.st of month.
Best advice is to gift close to when recipient needs the status.

This has been posted multiple times in this thread and info is also readily avilable in other threads. Perhaps we need to add a wikipost to this thread?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Purchased on the 22nd, 200k posted right away, but my bonus still has not posted... Anyone else buy recently still waiting?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by peezondeez
Purchased on the 22nd, 200k posted right away, but my bonus still has not posted... Anyone else buy recently still waiting?
me...same exact issue as you.. purchased on 21st but the receipt says 400k points but only 200k posted
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
やれやれ ... if the next promo comes with unambiguous T&C, a working IT implementation (how are they still keeping their jobs?) and isn't timed with another covid-19 wave and increased uncertainty about travel, I might pull the trigger. Qatar is still offering full no-questions-asked refunds for any ticket, as they have been throughout the pandemic.
ffay005, TTL, intuition and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I was waiting for last minute to jump on this deal, a couple of hours left. Based out of ORD, I have checked for award availability in J and there is really no inventory. No point in having inexpensive points when I can't use them. Not too much from DFW either. Otherwise great promo with benefits for 2 years.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:49 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by zxcv1
やれやれ ... if the next promo comes with unambiguous T&C, a working IT implementation (how are they still keeping their jobs?) and isn't timed with another covid-19 wave and increased uncertainty about travel, I might pull the trigger. Qatar is still offering full no-questions-asked refunds for any ticket, as they have been throughout the pandemic.
And AY returns nothing for even business classic tickets if cancelled ! Pitiful.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I was waiting for last minute to jump on this deal, a couple of hours left. Based out of ORD, I have checked for award availability in J and there is really no inventory. No point in having inexpensive points when I can't use them. Not too much from DFW either. Otherwise great promo with benefits for 2 years.
Nothing with American as a OneWorld / Finnair partner?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:49 am

December Promotion

I just want to make sure I understand the promotion they are currently running (for another 6 hours). I can buy 160,000 points and get a bonus 1600,000 points for a total of 320,000 and also get 25% of that 320,000 (80,000) in tier points. That gets me Oneworld Sapphire for the next year plus I can use the 320,000 points at approximately 45,000 per domestic US trip (about 7) on US Oneworld airlines like AA. All for 2060 Euro or $2333 or about $333 per trip plus all of the Sapphire benefits like the lounge usage.

Sounds like a relatively good deal.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Yes 👍🏻
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:35 am

There's a thread for that.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:24 pm

Okay, pulled the trigger, have the 400K. At this point:
  • finnair.com shows Gold / 100K tier points
  • finnairshop.com shows Basic
  • When I try to transfer points at https://www.finnairshop.com/en/excha...to-tier-points, I get to the following screen. How do I get finnairshop.com to recognize the updated points balance? Wait?
  • Is it correct that I do the maximum amount it will let me (hopefully) online then give them a call for the balance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.