Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:28 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Update. Today received the missing 50k tier points + email congratulating on passing the 600k tier point limit during the accrual period - have to check, what kind of prices are offered... Never flown so little and never accrued so many tierpoints . But still not charmed!

The prices were Artek magazine/firewood rack, Balmuir scarf 140x140 cm, Samsonite 55 spinner, Kalevala necklace, or Kalevala earrings...
GeeTee77, kauppias and zxcv1 like this.

Last edited by TTL; Dec 16, 2021 at 10:55 am
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by TTL
Update. Today received the missing 50k tier points + email congratulating on passing the 600k tier point limit during the accrual period - have to check, what kind of prices are offered... Never flown so little and never accrued so many tierpoints . But still not charmed!

Too bad finnair does nor rollover points 😃😁
TTL, Jainzar and Wizard_of_OZ like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: Finnair Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Former Asiana Diamond
Of course this promotion happens just after I finish 46 segments in 34 days to get status before my upcoming MIA-ARN flight... Did manage it for cheaper than the promotion would have cost, but no where near the number of points
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
UPDATE:

I got through to the CS and they told me that the purchased tier points will not count as if they were flown with finnair but the award points will count towards the milestone award achievement.
dont ask and dont discuss these kind of things aloud, then they WILL get sorted for worse.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
dont ask and dont discuss these kind of things aloud, then they WILL get sorted for worse.
i don't get it. where do i ask and discuss? i thought this was a forum to get and share information... i have read plenty of posts on this forum that do discuss and share this type of informations. sorted by who?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
i don't get it. where do i ask and discuss? i thought this was a forum to get and share information... i have read plenty of posts on this forum that do discuss and share this type of informations. sorted by who?
Don't Call the Airline!

In practice, you can convert award miles into tier miles after you've bought them. But this isn't something you want hundreds of people to have repeatedly asked Finnair CS about...
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I see you are new on flyertalk, so I dont wanna go hard on you. Just a friendly early learning: dont call nor discuss things that are too good or unclear, just book and hope for the best. Raising attention will get good things fixed for worse. That is something people learn here silently and its the name of the game.
Welcome to flyertalk and finnair forum, we are mostly friendly here 😄
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Sorry, you are having issues with that. Slightly different, but I was able to clear my LH upgrade vouchers on 2 separate roundtrips jfk-hel in the fall. I was waitlisted and the flights were 2 months away. I am AY Plat, I wonder if that made a difference...
Since I don t book flights with a not cleared waitlist - in that case, I cancel the flight - I m too old to sit in the back of a plane on flights longer than 4-5 hours. If you like to gamble.....
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by elventhor
I just booked 2x long haul return business awards to the east with the -20% campaign and thought that there's a lot of availability.
Maybe Berlin is not a good place to start, no idea, but it works not for me - and the availability of awards and upgrades was one of the last reasons why I take the A350.

I just tried a new search, to BKK I couldn't t find any availability for two in Jan, Feb, Mar. to ORD I could find some if I only book for one person.

Last edited by Ed Size; Dec 16, 2021 at 11:03 am
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Hi. i took advantage of this offer. have 400,000 points now and gold status

when trying to exchange points (for platinum) i only see i can exchange up to 45000 points. i don't see a 50,000 point option

is this a glitch? can i do more than one transaction?

thanks
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by niksal
I think I need to stop following this thread. My hard earned plat is seriously devalued. I hope next year for something similar so that I can benefit from the offer then.
From my perspective there is currently a lot of upgrade space (definitely in SH) and J awards (LH and SH) available. The J upgrade and J award availability was really bad before Covid hit. I believe this is something that is easily ignored here.

So, if people start using them soon, bit by bit, I am not so pessemistic.

And outside FT, most people will call you insane to exchange real money for a company currency… albeit if Finnair Plus points would be rebranded to Finnair Bitcoins…
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Exactly. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. It might be better to simply invest the 2500 eur and use cash to buy flights in the future. The SP500 is +27% YTD, meaning instead of buying points in November 2020, one would now have 27% more cash to buy flights and everything else. Instead, Finnair has been able to pocket the investment power.

Giving money today to finnair, which is more valuable than money tomorrow, only benefits them as it's cash upfront today for potential liability in the future which they can dilute at will. In exchange we get points, whose only benefit is when it is cheaper to buy what you want later using the points than cash. That's a risk one has to take when committing to points over cash.
I wouldn't be so sure about that assertion for the near term future. SP500 is unlikely to perform at those levels next year; you may very well end up losing money if you invest.

Never the less, this is certainly a bet on whether travel will resume enough that the status gets put to good use.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Exactly. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. It might be better to simply invest the 2500 eur and use cash to buy flights in the future. The SP500 is +27% YTD, meaning instead of buying points in November 2020, one would now have 27% more cash to buy flights and everything else. Instead, Finnair has been able to pocket the investment power.

Giving money today to finnair, which is more valuable than money tomorrow, only benefits them as it's cash upfront today for potential liability in the future which they can dilute at will. In exchange we get points, whose only benefit is when it is cheaper to buy what you want later using the points than cash. That's a risk one has to take when committing to points over cash.
I spent last year almost 2000 EUR for the points purchase and got for the points tickets „worth“ over 6000 EUR. So what? Does this now make S&P 500 gains look bad?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
I'm not sure if you reacted to the milestone award achievement (which is quite unclear for me - wasn't it related to the 200k milestone which has apparently been enhanced?), but I understand the question as whether purchased points count as AY points in Lumo requirements.

Nothing bad about it here. And no, they don't count.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Received a "gift" from AY: a promo code giving a 10% discount. Needs to be booked by Dec 23rd, travel period 10 Jan - 31 Oct 2022 (excluding Easter). Valid only for flights ex-Finland and not valid for campaign fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.