Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

No more free transfer of points between friends and family except for Lumos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more free transfer of points between friends and family except for Lumos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
During the intermission between the current version of Family&Friends and the new version, members should transfer points at the Finnair Shop.

This gives some hope that the final outcome will be something not-so-horrible
That's literally; "We'll see if anyone cares loudly enough and leave it as is if not"
Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by elventhor
That's literally; "We'll see if anyone cares loudly enough and leave it as is if not"
Thank for the translation
Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
While we always fear "enhancements" and we have no info on what they are replacing it with, I must say it is rather decent to
a) tell us 1 month+ in advance
b) offer one free transfer for every account

This makes it clear there will not be a lock in. ie if there are "enhancements" you don't like, you can atlest still do a final free transfer.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: SK EBG, AY+ Gold (until 06/24), BT VIP
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
During the intermission between the current version of Family&Friends and the new version, members should transfer points at the Finnair Shop.

This gives some hope that the final outcome will be something not-so-horrible
Well, both the new and old website have been in use simultaneously now for... how long? 2 years? The intermission is a flexible concept.
r2d2 and WilcoRoger like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Wasn’t the entire point of the F&F system to allow point transfers within a defined group of people? So they are removing the main feature of the program for what exactly?

Seems like a situation in which we are about to receive very good news or very poor news.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by DrSickle
Wasn’t the entire point of the F&F system to allow point transfers within a defined group of people?
I guess it was, and as they are replacing the program with something else (apparently without the points transfer) we can only surmise there will be other benefits.

Out there are a few different flavours. Some have pooling, where points automatically are collected in one pool. Some programs pool at 100%, some pool at lower rates (eg 1000 points earned individually will only pool as 750 points). But an auto-pooling function seems unlikely to me, as they probably are out to earn money on the transfer fee. (to advertise one free transfer makes sense if they are out to tax all future transfers).

Not sure what else they can do. Perhaps make it a strict "Family" program, ie require some certificate members are family. But that would add administrative burden and they haven't gone in that direction before.

One nice thing to add would be pooling of upgrade instruments. Collecting vouchers in a pool and offer an easy way to apply them to individual members of the group. You are allowed to upgrade others already, but only via CC. Point is moot though as long as upgrades doesn't clear...
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
So what happened to this? 🙄
Old Nov 7, 2021, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Looks like it was "enhanced" away!
Gnopps likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Customers probably asked that their husbands and wives would not be able to steal their points.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
So what happened to this? 🙄
Thanks for upping this. Now I can "steal" my wifes points still free of charge before YE
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
How many wifes do you have?
FFlash and EuroFlash like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Furry
Thanks for upping this. Now I can "steal" my wifes points still free of charge before YE
Heh I did this right away.

Funny, in Finnairshop I could transfer right away, and not using the old stupid family-webpage which never workwd properly, and funnily the finnairshop gave a dropdown menu for 1) transfer pts 10€(the give choice) or 2) transfer pts for free.
So I chose the latter😄 but why the dropdown menu?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FFlash
Heh I did this right away.

Funny, in Finnairshop I could transfer right away, and not using the old stupid family-webpage which never workwd properly, and funnily the finnairshop gave a dropdown menu for 1) transfer pts 10€(the give choice) or 2) transfer pts for free.
So I chose the latter😄 but why the dropdown menu?
Data point: points transferred instantly😄 Whaaaat is wrong with AY IT now???😁😁😁
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Just had to use this. My wife has gold and 4 vouchers. I had plenty of points. We wanted that 2-4-1 award deal. So had to pay 10€ to Finnair to transfer enough points to her to get the deal. I totally understand this 10€ charge as this is probably is a manual thing that requires 15 minutes of work from a Finnair employee to do.

NOT! The transfer was immediate, but it took 30 minutes of queuing on phone to get through CC to book the trip. And no, you can't take points and vouchers from different accounts.

Finnair's web pages are so sad. Really few things you can do online. You can't book 2-4-1. You can't change award flights. Almost everything you want to do requires to contact CC. Even platinum email has 2 months delay. The webpage chat says the queue is full, you can't even enter a queue logged in as plat.

Strangely the phone app has a different queue system and I actually got into place 3 in the queue. But I got disconnected once as my iPhone autolocked and I was kicked out. Maybe the app has platinum prio? But the best option still is to call platinum line. They even have a call back option. But it is bad. It is not like press # for call back. It is like leave a message and tell your name, phonenumber and AY member number.

Gold line had a long queue, no callback option and ultimately my wife was transferred to an English speaking person, that could not complete everything as the main CC was closed and he could not charge the vouchers, so he had to complete the reservation next day. Next day she got the tax-payment link and everything was completed, but really bothersome.

I really wonder what it is for a non-member when plat and gold have this much issues. Can you get in touch at all? So sad they had all covid-time to fix their IT.systems, but would not spend. Now their IT-systems are working really bad, so everything requires human interaction, but they fired everyone so now they are desperately trying to hire new people and train them to handle the huge CC load. GG AY
FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by srieppo
Just had to use this. My wife has gold and 4 vouchers. I had plenty of points. We wanted that 2-4-1 award deal. So had to pay 10€ to Finnair to transfer enough points to her to get the deal. I totally understand this 10€ charge as this is probably is a manual thing that requires 15 minutes of work from a Finnair employee to do.

NOT! The transfer was immediate, but it took 30 minutes of queuing on phone to get through CC to book the trip. And no, you can't take points and vouchers from different accounts.

Finnair's web pages are so sad. Really few things you can do online. You can't book 2-4-1. You can't change award flights. Almost everything you want to do requires to contact CC. Even platinum email has 2 months delay. The webpage chat says the queue is full, you can't even enter a queue logged in as plat.

Strangely the phone app has a different queue system and I actually got into place 3 in the queue. But I got disconnected once as my iPhone autolocked and I was kicked out. Maybe the app has platinum prio? But the best option still is to call platinum line. They even have a call back option. But it is bad. It is not like press # for call back. It is like leave a message and tell your name, phonenumber and AY member number.

Gold line had a long queue, no callback option and ultimately my wife was transferred to an English speaking person, that could not complete everything as the main CC was closed and he could not charge the vouchers, so he had to complete the reservation next day. Next day she got the tax-payment link and everything was completed, but really bothersome.

I really wonder what it is for a non-member when plat and gold have this much issues. Can you get in touch at all? So sad they had all covid-time to fix their IT.systems, but would not spend. Now their IT-systems are working really bad, so everything requires human interaction, but they fired everyone so now they are desperately trying to hire new people and train them to handle the huge CC load. GG AY
What's a 2-4-1 award deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.