Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair China travel waivers??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I post this here, not directly China related but that's where all this started anyway

Now that there's the general waiver for free changes for all tickets with departure in March...has anyone successfully managed to changed their reservations online yet? There's the link on all my March bookings but it takes you nowhere = doesn't work, either with Firefox or Chrome..?
I had no problem changing my OSL flights for a later date through manage my booking online yesterday (used Chrome).
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:40 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yeah I called plat line and it was just me being stupid..TA bookings of course cannot be changed online directly with AY... sorry about useless post yesterday.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Guillou
I had no problem changing my OSL flights for a later date through manage my booking online yesterday (used Chrome).

How does this process works? If you go to the rebooking option you will loose your original booking? Or do you have do confirm your choices? Someone knows it re-routings are possible? I have a BKK-HKG-XXX leg, instead of the original wanted BKK-XXX flight, also I know have a night flight instead of a day flight - can I fix all of this

My plan would be changing this flight to a later date under the wanted conditions, and book one extra flight, since prices dropped from 3XXX€ to 1699€ - that would be a too good to be true deal.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:02 am

About this general waiver for March flights...Maybe it is obvious, I just didn’t realize.

If you change to another date(s) within March, it’s not free, normal rules apply...found it the hard way today😊 - wanted to share so that everyone knows..
Ed Size likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Another datapoint about March waiver:
CS told me that a change was not possible as my ticket included a non-AY operated segment. I understood that this also applied to instances with AY codeshare on another carrier. Also, no changes to the routing allowed at all.

Most details here were probably addressed in AYs waiver, just providing an example of how it was interpreted in practice.
NoWindowSeat and Ed Size like this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by DrSickle
Another datapoint about March waiver:
CS told me that a change was not possible as my ticket included a non-AY operated segment. I understood that this also applied to instances with AY codeshare on another carrier. Also, no changes to the routing allowed at all.
Thanks, this is good to know so everything needs to be on AY metal, I have soon one with also 2 BA/AA segments as AY codehare so looks like it’s either go or date change with a fee then.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
This codeshare policy is ridiculous, I have a Finnair operated Transatlantic flights with Finnair coded (BA operated) connections. All on a 105 ticket. I cannot postpone my flights. Don’t sell codeshares Finnair if you can’t take responsibility for them!
NoWindowSeat, Ed Size and esledo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.