Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

most rows blocked from advance seat reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

most rows blocked from advance seat reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: AY Plat OWE
At some instance, could this be as a purpose built feature? If the flight is very light in reservations, for aircraft balance reasons they might prefer majority of the folks sit in certain block of the cabin. Thus some parts are not available for seating reservation? I've seen this same with some domestic A32x metal flights with 30....40% pax load ending up sitting with only few (looking like frequent flyers) in the front section of the cabin, while the majority of the load is tightly pulled in the back. Just guessing here....
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by OHTOW
At some instance, could this be as a purpose built feature? If the flight is very light in reservations, for aircraft balance reasons they might prefer majority of the folks sit in certain block of the cabin. Thus some parts are not available for seating reservation? I've seen this same with some domestic A32x metal flights with 30....40% pax load ending up sitting with only few (looking like frequent flyers) in the front section of the cabin, while the majority of the load is tightly pulled in the back. Just guessing here....
I don't think so. On my flight it was the same issue and my flight was nearly sold out couple of weeks out and ended up being oversold.

There is no way to know how many pax will end up being on the flights in summer (example above) so it makes no sense to block seats (incl. emergency exit rows) 7 months out.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by OHTOW
only few (looking like frequent flyers) in the front section of the cabin,
How is frequent flyer identified ?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
How is frequent flyer identified ?
You recognize face from newspaper...
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
It seems this ”feature” is not limited to Y. Just booked an intra-EU trip for next week and after upgrading the inbound leg (there was immediate availability!) I ended up seeing the three first rows as blocked (was allocated 4A). Great...
jouhka likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Well, this is one way to fix the issue! Just start row numbers from row 4

Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
The seat map functionality seems to go from bad to worse. I made a single booking for three passengers, one with emerald card and two without status. On the left the seat map for the emerald card card holder with the whole front cabin blocked. on the right the non-status card holders can reserve seats in the front cabin - and they get economy comfort for free even though the emerald card holder can't select a single seat in that whole cabin!!
loimu likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
How on earth can that happen? Must be a serious flaw somewhere.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by ffay005
How on earth can that happen? Must be a serious flaw somewhere.
BA Emeralds getting punished - to me the more front rows open up gradually in the 2-3 days before actual flight. Great stuff!
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
And this seems back.
Expertflyer:

Finnair:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.