Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by florens
I would be surprised if it opened that soon. Summer is usually a busy travel season, so it would actually make sense to open it for the summer peak season, maybe on 1JUN for the SEA inaugural rather than later. However, this does not seem realistic. Opening it in autumn doesn't seem realistic either in my opinion, as the number of flights to non-schengen destination will not increase in W22/23 schedule. I also doubt passenger numbers will be higher in autumn/winter than summer (I am a bit sceptical about what kind of covid situation we will face in autumn). Let' see.
if they reopen it in June/July I might retime my transit in HEL from 2 hours to 6+
Old May 17, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum
I am flying JFK-DEL and have a 8 hour layover in HEL on June 3rd. I hope the Platinum Wing would be open by then.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
I would not hold my breath for that...
Old May 17, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I would not hold my breath for that...
I am not but still hoping against hope that Finnair would open the lounge just before the summer rush. Let's see how it goes.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Owtravel1
if they reopen it in June/July I might retime my transit in HEL from 2 hours to 6+
To each his own, of course, but even if the PW returned to pre-covid service you would have more than ample time to enjoy it during a 2-hour layover. It’s not THAT awesome, after all.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by nitwit09
I am not but still hoping against hope that Finnair would open the lounge just before the summer rush. Let's see how it goes.
I find it very unlikely. There is more than enough capacity in the Business Lounge. And that will not change before Japan and China open up. Sorry.
r2d2 and Ed Size like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
I find it very unlikely. There is more than enough capacity in the Business Lounge. And that will not change before Japan and China open up. Sorry.
Probably not happening in time for the travel in question here, but wasn't there talk of Japan reevaluating travel restrictions in June with the intent to open up more?
Old May 17, 2022, 8:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Not from Finland. Only a very few origins like AU and 3 more. And only tour groups.

IF that goes well, then we'll see...
petteriusa likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
I asked about the plat lounge re-openning today at non-schengen business lounge. The agent shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know".... Not promising...
Old May 17, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
I asked about the plat lounge re-openning today at non-schengen business lounge. The agent shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know".... Not promising...
That sucks. The only redeeming part of the journey would be to try the new Business cabin from JFK - HEL. Hopefully the service won't be disappointing.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I really would love to visit the Plat Wing on my next trips, but I don t see it open before Oct./Nov. unless something magic will happen with travel to China. There is just not enough long haul traffic to justify the costs of the Plat Wing, and when I see what the bean counters at the AY office are doing to save the last possible penny I can t imagine that somebody is willing to open that lounge just to show off.
r2d2 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just get new towels ready and buy some deodorant while waiting opening🤓
Old May 17, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
One important fact is being missed here - we don't need PW to open in addition to the Business Lounge. It would have just been enough to have AY followed the QF SYD model and opening the more premium lounge for all.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by on22cz
One important fact is being missed here - we don't need PW to open in addition to the Business Lounge. It would have just been enough to have AY followed the QF SYD model and opening the more premium lounge for all.
No.

Sickloads of Statusmatched Saphires Stampeding Luminous Laminates and Platinum Plebs, no thx
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
i assumed U mean tbr QF domestic j class lounge? Def not as “premium” as the platinum wing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.