Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ TK M&S
Just made a booking for... January 2023. Hopefully they can find reasons to reopen the lounge by then...
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
A general question regarding Platinum Wing... once open again: If I have a long layover at HEL or start my journey at HEL flying within Schengen, will I be able to access the non-Schengen part of HEL with the sole purpose to spend some time in the Platinum Wing?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by GOTBound
A general question regarding Platinum Wing... once open again: If I have a long layover at HEL or start my journey at HEL flying within Schengen, will I be able to access the non-Schengen part of HEL with the sole purpose to spend some time in the Platinum Wing?
No.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by GOTBound
Originally Posted by florens
No.

If the automatic passports gates are open then theoretically possible and many have done so... HOWEVER its not allowed per border officials and rules. Not sure how strict they are nor do I care to test it myself 😁😏
florens likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
If the automatic passports gates are open then theoretically possible and many have done so... HOWEVER its not allowed per border officials and rules. Not sure how strict they are nor do I care to test it myself 😁😏
Okay, but how would you exit the area without going through border control? I agree with you - no way I would ever try that out!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by AAL1
Okay, but how would you exit the area without going through border control? I agree with you - no way I would ever try that out!
If you have an EU passport you can enter and exit the non-Schengen concourse as many times as you like via the automated gates. Done it myself a multitude of times. However, dragon might demand a bp from an arriving non-Schengen flight.
florens likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ TK M&S
Can we perhaps shorten the thread title to "AY Platinum Wing (lounge temporarily closed)", the juxtaposition of both "now open" and "temporarily closed" in the title is a little jarring
jrfsp320, florens, FFlash and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by AAL1
they dont ask for your BP when leaving...

I have done this when I needed to return to the schengen side though I did have a NO-SE ticket... but they just read my passport

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Can we perhaps shorten the thread title to "AY Platinum Wing (lounge temporarily closed)", the juxtaposition of both "now open" and "temporarily closed" in the title is a little jarring
you can click the little triangle to alert a moderator, they can choose to do so if suggested, I personally dont see a problem with either version

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 18, 2022 at 2:41 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Originally Posted by kauppias
you can click the little triangle to alert a moderator, they can choose to do so if suggested, I personally dont see a problem with either version
Well I did that earlier already, and mods created the current title. It is not mine.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any chance that this lounge will be open by late June / early July?

Assuming that it is open, do I need to have a OWE FF number on my boarding pass, or can I just show a digital card (AA EXP) together with an AY boarding pass?

The reason that I asked is that I have a flight (AY J) booked with AS miles. I'm currently AS 75k (which is OWE) but that's going to expire at the end of this month. I'm also AA EXP (also OWE).

When I view my res on the AS app it shows my AS FF number. When I view the res on the Finnair site it shows no FF number at all. I have the option to add it but I'm not sure if it will stick (and I'm slightly afraid of breaking something).

Other than access to this lounge, is there any benefit of OWE (or any status at all) on a business class ticket? I get access to the business class lounges either way. I guess OWE gets to board 1 group earlier (I think?) but I don't really care about that.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Any chance that this lounge will be open by late June / early July?

Assuming that it is open, do I need to have a OWE FF number on my boarding pass, or can I just show a digital card (AA EXP) together with an AY boarding pass?

The reason that I asked is that I have a flight (AY J) booked with AS miles. I'm currently AS 75k (which is OWE) but that's going to expire at the end of this month. I'm also AA EXP (also OWE).

When I view my res on the AS app it shows my AS FF number. When I view the res on the Finnair site it shows no FF number at all. I have the option to add it but I'm not sure if it will stick (and I'm slightly afraid of breaking something).

Other than access to this lounge, is there any benefit of OWE (or any status at all) on a business class ticket? I get access to the business class lounges either way. I guess OWE gets to board 1 group earlier (I think?) but I don't really care about that.
You can go to the RJ or MH sites and change the FF# there, it will not “break” anything. If you’re unsuccessful with that, you can try adding it at OLCI or ask the counter agent to do it. You should be able to show your EXP card separately but the dragon might give you pushback.

With OWE you would get one extra bag and you can use the special OWE check in desks if starting your journey landside at HEL. You might also get a personal greeting from the purser.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:00 am

Pre-COVID in 2019 and hence when UK was a part of EU, I’ve shuttled between Schengen and Non-Schengen lounges multiple times using automated as well as manned border control booths, however not sure how smoothly this can be done these days!
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
You might also get a personal greeting from the purser.
Off-topic, but: no, that's no longer SOP. Only AY+ Platinum Lumo is to be greeted by the chief purser.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Off-topic, but: no, that's no longer SOP. Only AY+ Platinum Lumo is to be greeted by the chief purser.
Why would Plat Greeting be removed from SOP?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by florens
Why would Plat Greeting be removed from SOP?
Because the chief purser is being kept from the nothing they prefer to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.