Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum
Hello from the new Platinum Wing lounce. Its amazing.

I checked into my flight and noticed it had a link to update on lounges. The update said the new Silver Lounge has JUST opened. I got the airport, went to the non-schengen lounge and to my disappointment its looked like under construction like last week. Then the clerk tells me oh, platinums go behind the corner. I did and omg...new premium lounge is here and it has been worth the wait.

I walk in and it feels like Qantas first class quality. I definitely did not expect a Finnish company to have an a'la carte restaurant and really comfortable spacious seating. Bar area is super nice and the espresso was superb. The staff is clearly on point - each came up to really talk and "sell" the new lounge. I actually met the director of Finnair's lounge's who was super lovely and was still putting in the details herself and asking about the lounge. I could only say nice things based on my hour here as I write this. Super, super nice surprise. Huge kudos to Finnair, job well done!!!

The sauna is really nice with a chillout room.

The entrance.

Main lobby

A'la carte. I had fish and chips. It was pretty good.

Bar area
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
By the looks of it we're definitely talking about one of the best OW lounges in Europe, or would it be exaggeration to say one of the best non-F lounges in Europe? Well done, Finnair!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lkrt
By the looks of it we're definitely talking about one of the best OW lounges in Europe, or would it be exaggeration to say one of the best non-F lounges in Europe? Well done, Finnair!
Hands down the best in the Nordics.

Definitely on par with other great non-F lounges in Europe. Not sure if best though.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Definitely on par with other great non-F lounges in Europe. Not sure if best though.
Which OW non-F lounge in Europe is any good? I can t remember a single on which I would call great.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:53 am

The sauna is about the same size as the previous one, maybe slightly smaller, but now includes a little lounge area outside, along with showers that are on either side of the lounge, two stalls for men and I imagine two for women. All the materials much nicer, and the shower products as well. Slippers are available, although I didnt see deodorant. There are three key code operated lockers in the mens area and a toilet stall also.

There are also a bunch of private shower rooms that you book in 30-minute slots with an iPad.

At the entrance to the main lounge there are keycode operated lockers also, each with a power point and two USB receptacles inside.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Which OW non-F lounge in Europe is any good? I can t remember a single on which I would call great.
Turkish Airlines in Istanbul. Especially the new airport.

Remind me, did it use to have both OWS and OWE access?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Hands down the best in the Nordics.

Snip
That would be a surprisingly low bar to set for measurement....

I guess I can start flying JAL via Helsinki again.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:00 am

Posted elsewhere by accident, but in case it's helpful for anyone:

Before entering the shared 'cool lounge' area you pass through gender-specific changing rooms with two shower stalls for men (and I imagine two for women). All the materials much nicer than in the old facility, and the shower products as well. Slippers are available, although I didn’t see deodorant. There are three key code operated lockers in the men’s area and a toilet stall also.

There are also a bunch of private shower rooms that you book in 30-minute slots with an iPad.

At the entrance to the main lounge there are keycode operated lockers also, each with a power point and two USB receptacles inside.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Just received an email from AY informing me that Plat Wing (PW?) is open. Seems like their publicity dept has been reaging FT
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:06 am

The MAD IB T4S Lounge offers ala-carte dining, can't recall any other non-F OW lounge in Europe.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Turkish Airlines in Istanbul. Especially the new airport.
Turkish Airlines take care about OW status? Never heard about this. But lounges in Istanbul are nice.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Just received an email from AY informing me that Plat Wing (PW?) is open. Seems like their publicity dept has been reaging FT
I got the same email as a Gold with the wording "Our brand-new Finnair Platinum Wing is now open and at your service until the renovation of Finnair Business Lounge will be completed." Will be nice to access while it lasts. Hopefully the business lounge project gets pushed back.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:10 am

Turkish Airlines take care about OW status?
They technically did with their generous status match promotion a few years ago

Everyone with a Starbucks Gold card suddenly was a TK Miles & Smiles Elite member.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The MAD IB T4S Lounge offers ala-carte dining, can't recall any other non-F OW lounge in Europe.
Qantas London Lounge (but only during evening time).
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mhle
Qantas London Lounge (but only during evening time).
Unless something has changed I recall reading them having ala-carte starting breakfast time too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.