Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Efficient ways to earn Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by on22cz
I have always thought it has to be a revenue J ticket, but without a booking class restriction. This is a valuable information if it also applies to F class.
Surely not? AFAIK it has to be a revenue J ticket...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast

Surely not? AFAIK it has to be a revenue J ticket...
I think my post that on22cz replied to was fuzzy on the subject. I think I've read someone was able to do family perk from F but I personally have done it from rev J.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
I think my post that on22cz replied to was fuzzy on the subject. I think I've read someone was able to do family perk from F but I personally have done it from rev J.
As said, I would find it very suprising. Finnair.com says just the following:

FAMILY MEMBERS’ UPGRADES*

You can upgrade up to three family members from Economy Class to Business Class with your points to join you, when you have bought a Business Class ticket.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Bought with points+money or/and only money?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Still a bit ambigous yes, but before wording was " when you are travelling in business". So i think they tried to emphasize it should be rev ticket.
Interesting to hear if anyone succeded family uogfade when rhey were in F
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AY+
Btw, when you book tickets from non-AY OW carriers, and they are codeshare flights, do you get the points for the carrier that the ticket is booked under or for the operating one? So for example, if I book a ticket with CX, and it's a codeshare flight that is actually operated by JL, do I get the CX points for that ticket? I assume I would get the CX points in this example but just want to double check...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:11 pm
Moderator, Finnair

In oneWorld it is always booking code of marketing carrier that matters (in Star alliance it is operating carrier, which is much more difficult to know).
So a CX marketed flight, operated by another OW airline, will earn by the CX table in AY+ program.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

BTW, what you must be careful with, is if you book a codeshare that is operated by a non-OW airline. Then it likely will only earn to the program of the marketing carrier. A CX flight-number on NZ metal will earn 0 to AY+
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythmic
Btw, when you book tickets from non-AY OW carriers, and they are codeshare flights, do you get the points for the carrier that the ticket is booked under or for the operating one? So for example, if I book a ticket with CX, and it's a codeshare flight that is actually operated by JL, do I get the CX points for that ticket? I assume I would get the CX points in this example but just want to double check...
If the flight is operated by a Oneworld carrier and marketed by a Oneworld carrier, then credit is according to the marketing carrier and its fare class.

If the flight is operated by a non-Oneworld carrier, then I reckon it depends. Some marketing carriers will credit regardless, some not.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AY+
Alright, thanks for the clarifications! This is what I was hoping for and expected, but still good to have it confirmed before I book anything.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Courmisch
If the flight is operated by a non-Oneworld carrier, then I reckon it depends. Some marketing carriers will credit regardless, some not.
The rule here is, if the flight is operated by a non-OW carrier, you will not earn points (unless you're on AY flight number). So if you fly eg. FJ metal, AA ticket, no AY+ points. There could very well be some exceptions, though.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
The rule here is, if the flight is operated by a non-OW carrier, you will not earn points (unless you're on AY flight number). So if you fly eg. FJ metal, AA ticket, no AY+ points. There could very well be some exceptions, though.
Err, the rule is that there is no rule in that case. I don't think that there is actually a rule that they carrier MUST NOT credit their marketed flights operated by non-Oneworld carriers.

So we can agree that it is best to avoid those flights, but I wouldn't make your peremptory statement.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Take 'rule' to mean 'usual case'. It would actually be great if we could list exceptions here.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:35 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
No idea if an exception, mistake, or whatever but MH code, operated by SilkAir gave points to AY Plus.
Unionruler likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by kanamurva
It is possible that it's just 4400 then. When I bought these, a trusted lumo dude said that it would be 8k, so I believed him. the flight's gonna be in 2 weeks so I'll let you know then. Anyway, it's not gonna ruin my platskurun.
I confirm that I got 4400 points as silver from HEL-PVR oneway so it's gonna be 8800 2ways. Cheapest possible way of buying from Supersaver at the time and about the same price as the cheapest aurinkomatkat that was available right before departure (550€).
on22cz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.