Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
That's a pretty cool graph. It matches what I've seen when flying USA to Asia and back.

Originally Posted by timol
A number play with daily HEL flight data and AY fleet configs illustrates the wild daily fluctuations in how crowded the non-Schengen lounges can get:

Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005

How many seats will there be after the renovation?
check post69 of this thread.
Premium rumoured to be 222 or more seats after renovation.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by timol
A number play with daily HEL flight data and AY fleet configs illustrates the wild daily fluctuations in how crowded the non-Schengen lounges can get:
The top quartile staying only 75 min? I'm usually there 2-3 hours I know I'm not the only one. I'd say there is more occupancy than this after around 14, when European feeders start coming in, and people with 3+ hour layovers will just go and stay that time in the lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by riku2
The codeshare is important.
Within alliance, not.

Originally Posted by riku2
If you are flying on the AY operated flight HEL-CDG with an AF flight number then you do not get access to Finnair lounges (with or without a one world emerald card).
That is outside alliance.

If you fly AF code on AY metal, you get access to the CDG T2D lounge and the HEL T2 Aspire lounge based on Flying Blue status or business class (as if the AY-operated flight was an AF/KL flight). I don't know if it works for non-FB SkyTeam elites.

If you fly AY code on AF metal, you get AF lounge access at CDG T2F and, reportedly, lounges at other French airports based on AY status or business class (as if you were a Flying Blue customer).

Note that this is asymmetric.
FFlash likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Within alliance, not.

That is outside alliance.

If you fly AF code on AY metal, you get access to the CDG T2D lounge and the HEL T2 Aspire lounge based on Flying Blue status or business class (as if the AY-operated flight was an AF/KL flight). I don't know if it works for non-FB SkyTeam elites.

If you fly AY code on AF metal, you get AF lounge access at CDG T2F and, reportedly, lounges at other French airports based on AY status or business class (as if you were a Flying Blue customer).

Yup. IMO this works better than expected.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I think the lounge usage before the 8am is vastly underestimated in the chart. In my experience the US wave has more space in premium lounge than there is in the morning. After 2pm it gets packed.

I also think the Y numbers is not that low compared to the high load of J.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Within alliance, not.

Well, there are no other lounges than AF at CDG T2F so there's no choice. Maybe Aspire is cheaper for AF than AY lounge would be?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by remymartin
I think the lounge usage before the 8am is vastly underestimated in the chart.
I am sure you are right. Clearly, the BA morning flight was not included. Also, as all SH flights used the "10% of total capacity", AY's use of the A350 on the early LHR flight did not get its full impact. Maybe most significantly, the "Asian feeder flights" from LH to European SH (but pax preferring to use the non-Schengen lounge) did not get included at all.

Originally Posted by remymartin
I also think the Y numbers is not that low compared to the high load of J.
This would no doubt increase the numbers, definitely including the peaks, but the overall shapes of the curve should not essentially change.

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
The top quartile staying only 75 min? I'm usually there 2-3 hours I know I'm not the only one. I'd say there is more occupancy than this after around 14, when European feeders start coming in, and people with 3+ hour layovers will just go and stay that time in the lounge.
Very interesting. Right now, my upcoming travels mean I do not have time to visualize the feeder impact, but here is a tabular representation of how much each connection combination in the afternoon wave should leave time for a lounge stay. I have deducted 45 minutes from the feeder arrival time to long haul departure time, to get at the "minutes available for lounge".

Ed Size, AhogZ, intuition and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hi
Flying AY for the first time next week transiting HEL also for the first time from Manchester to Osaka (non schengen).
I'm BA Silver - is there any avoiding the AY business lounge in the non-schengan side?
ie no change of getting into almost@home or is there any way to get Schengan side and back again?
cheers
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by GLABA
... or is there any way to get Schengan side and back again?
cheers
I wouldn't bother. Of course you can go through passport control and back just to see the mediocre lounge on the other side.
Why not just go to the lounge, grab a drink, then just go to one of the restaurants for a snack? It sucks but that's all AY is willing to provide at the moment...
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Will be flying to LHR at 4pm flight in near weeks, given that boarding begins likely 3.15ish, is there any point going to the lounge before that or is it not yet fully packed from 230-315. How about schengen lounge, is it packed as well? Would be tempted to go there and then just hope there isn't huge lines at border control.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Just booked my next flights to BKK, based on the connecting time. So will stay max. 1hours 20 minutes at HEL. Actually I only doing this to extend the Plat. otherwise I would not go that way (that how a program works).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
But you would be going to BKK anyway?

We idiots out here go to BKK, or DEL, only to renew Plat.
Ed Size, on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ffay005
But you would be going to BKK anyway?

We idiots out here go to BKK, or DEL, only to renew Plat.
BKK is the cheapest, easiest to access, most comfortable, with the most things to do on a long weekend trip, so of course that is the trip of choice for anyone wanting to renew Plat
cistavoda likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Sitting in the lounge now: indeed not the most premium experience, but a certain waitress makes it all better. She’s all smiles and is entertaining every single visitor of the lounge, can’t believe it.
on22cz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.