Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Hmm, interesting point. The UK would be of course free to decide unilaterally which countries' citizens would be able to enter visa-free (many 3rd countries do that today, starting from the USA all the way to Laos - some EU citizens get in visa-free, some others don't) but true, the other way round it must be a Schengen-wide visa-free travel for UK citizens.

I just can't see an actual visa procedure between the UK and the EU, given the volume of travel between the two and in general. It would be so 1950's. And given the free travel area between IRL and GB it just would make absolutely no sense at all.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by cistavoda
What? Why would old agreements suddenly apply? Surely not...
In fact, not only they most definitely no longer apply, but they would not be applicable to Schengen agreement member countries, including Finland. Finland cannot unilateraly let the UK soon-to-no-longer-be-EU citizens into Schengen area without a visa. Conversely, the UK would most certainly not want to grant Finnish citizen free entry unreciprocated.

And the unfolding of Brexit has had so far nothing to do with rationality and pragmatism. So I do not blindly assume that the UK will let me in with my ID card, or even my passport after March 29.

P.S.: I already have a ticket to London for the last weekend before Brexit.
P.P.S.: This got off-topic. Can we split it?
cistavoda likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Freshly baked Lumo here. Has anyone an idea on how many Lumos are out there these days?

Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Freshly baked Lumo here. Has anyone an idea on how many Lumos are out there these days?

Congrats!

You seem to have very heavy longhaul premium cabin travel!
FlyeBye likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:40 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FlyeBye

Congratulations! And welcome to the AY+ Forum! LH Senator as well? That takes a lot flying....
remymartin and FlyeBye like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
If my calculations (and Finnair's mileage calculator) are correct, my current bookings are just enough to reach Lumotic status in December (Yay!) . Now there's a slightly tricky situation, I'm going to have a shorthaul flight a few days after expected Lumo status, how fast has the status been updated in your experience? I would like to use the new extra Lumo vouchers to upgrade instead of points. But I'm not sure if I want to risk waiting until the last minute for vouchers which may or may not come in time. Would you play it safe and sacrifice 20,000 points instead?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Upgrade with points and if the vouchers post before your flight, call CS and ask them to use them instead and return the points. Easily done over the phone.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
That's a great and simple idea. Why didn't I think of this. Thanks a lot!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
If my calculations (and Finnair's mileage calculator) are correct, my current bookings are just enough to reach Lumotic status in December (Yay!) . Now there's a slightly tricky situation, I'm going to have a shorthaul flight a few days after expected Lumo status, how fast has the status been updated in your experience? I would like to use the new extra Lumo vouchers to upgrade instead of points. But I'm not sure if I want to risk waiting until the last minute for vouchers which may or may not come in time. Would you play it safe and sacrifice 20,000 points instead?
The status will be updated on the day your last points are credited to your account. Anyway, you can just use points for your shorthaul upgrade now and ask cs to credit those back to your account and use one of the new vouchers instead once you’ve reached Lumo. Worked for me.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Mixed experiences on yesterday's four flights, ending in a very shabby one:

HEL-KUO - ATR got upgauged to an E90 several months ago but still a bus boarding with no BMW to be seen. I guess a 0725 departure is too early? It's a 35 minute flight so no BOB.

KUO-HEL - half empty ATR, got my free Coke & nuts but the young crew didn't show any tactical sense like some of the more senior NORRA crews have - I was at 17D and they could've easily slipped me my drink before starting from the front with the regular service run as has happened a few times before. Row 16 had two Plats too. BMW pickup worked fine upon arrival.

HEL-OUL another bus gate (argh), I already knew that the same girl would be picking me up for the drive to the plane which happened. One of the FAs recognized me from some earlier flight, I remembered her too but couldn't really remember what flight it was on. Too many flights. Blocked middle seat with a Gold on the aisle seat, no issues getting an adult drink and nuts.

OUL-HEL is where the fun began. For a long time I had 1F reserved, and this was shown on my boarding pass still the previous night. Oh well, sometime during the morning I noticed it had changed to 1E (ugh) with the whole front of the plane blocked off. Asked the check in agent at OUL about it - the best she could do was 2D, the other non-middle seats were somewhere around row 128 (no thanks). On the flight I was delighted (not) to discover that my block of three was the only one without an empty middle seat for the first 7 or so rows and my seatmates were two persons of size which made for a less than a pleasant flight. Tried to drown my sorrows in free champagne which helped a bit.

I assumed Mr 1F was some kind of secret Finnair "Kekkonen Club" member or at least a celebrity, but he was just a Gold. Counted at least 5 Golds, 1 Silver and 3 Plats while taking a peek at the FAs POS terminal...
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
OUL-HEL is where the fun began. For a long time I had 1F reserved, and this was shown on my boarding pass still the previous night. Oh well, sometime during the morning I noticed it had changed to 1E (ugh)
Happened to me to, but it is good to know lumos are not immune against this disease
In my case it was AFAIK a non-tier member, so it isn't a kekkonen issue. I am thinking someone in CS does this "trick" to get persistent customers to hang up.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last night my batting average went down - no limo for the incoming BUD flight, parked somewhere close to Kivistö station (W42 IIRC) Just when you'd need it most - 22:20 arrival, bus waits for last pax (the bus driver even honked 3 times!), so 10+minutes standing in the bus - no matter buisenss class or Lumo or not.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
So which Lumo is on AY1306 right now? Overheard the FAs talking that there is a Lumo in row midteens somewhere, but the status doesn’t show in any systems. They seemed seriously concerned about the situation!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
There is hundred of them and counting up what comes to OUL route. They have these ”air bridges” in other world between particular city pairs and soon we should rename the OUL route as ”Lumo bridge”
intuition likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Lumo link?
ffay005 and FFlash like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.