Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Does anybody know if the 'new' menus are publshed in advance or if they are released on the day of the first flight?

For example, I'm doing a HEL-ICN run on the 22nd May but the current online menu only goes up to the 21st May, online pre-order is not available (presumably due to no published menu) so will I be going in blind as the guinea pig?

Of course, I'll be posting on here as soon as I can to share images of what will be the generic new appetisers / dessert.

CB
Just to update, in case anyone else wanted to know...
I recevied an email from Finnair at roughly T-7 days, offering me the chance to preselect my main from the options below.
Note, no information on the res tof the menu and finnair.com still showing the current offering.

CB
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 4:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Good to know - just don't expect to be served anything looking like that communication.

The pictures looks like they are from the killed-before-launch-concept of "Nordic bistro" with the 7-dish-meals in 2022.
ffay005 and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 20, 2024, 3:33 pm

So, the new menus are up (from 22nd May to 29th October 2024).

I'd say the biggest and most positive change is that Finnair are now publishing menus for the inbound flights as well as outbound;

CB
nordic, ffay005, SLGO and 1 others like this.
Old May 20, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Good to know - just don't expect to be served anything looking like that communication.

The pictures looks like they are from the killed-before-launch-concept of "Nordic bistro" with the 7-dish-meals in 2022.
I've been running between London and Seoul every few months both before and since COVID and having tried almost all of the competition, Finnair is my preferred carrier and a part of that is the catering.

It might not have the variety or dine on demand aspect that the gulf carriers offer (which comes with it's own drawbacks) but specifically on the ICN route, two full meals are served in each direction and I personally appreciate the effort that goes into 'fresh' ingredients and flavours, especially the appetisers, it;s also nice to be able to look at a menu and see a little bit of 'local' flair from the country of origin. Compared to what any of the Amercian carriers offer it's a delight.

The desserts however, should be twice the size

Of course, just my opinion.

CB
Old May 20, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
It appears the post midnight departures ex-HEL are getting a slightly expanded meal offering (NGO, HKG, PVG, SIN, etc)?

But I cannot understand by BKK-HEL which is a long early morning day time flight is still stuck with just the stupid quiche option as the only first meal choice for a 7am departure instead of a proper breakfastcan someone explain the logic? What is the obsession with Quiche which has been on the menu for years now..whoever is getting paid to design these menus should be forced to fly BKK-HEL 10x without breakfast pre-flight, lets see how they fare.
ffay005, vulle and ryan0808 like this.
Old May 20, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
So, the new menus are up (from 22nd May to 29th October 2024).

I'd say the biggest and most positive change is that Finnair are now publishing menus for the inbound flights as well as outbound;

CB
Sorry for being new to the AY community. Is it real that AY has been serving the same menu for 5 months? Im a little surprised on that.
Old May 21, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by SLGO
Sorry for being new to the AY community. Is it real that AY has been serving the same menu for 5 months? Im a little surprised on that.
I wish it only would be 5 months some items stay for years
Old May 21, 2024, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by SLGO
Quiche has been there for years. Rumour has it they got a good bulk deal of frozen quiches from the wholesaler lol

As Finnair would say - it is good to know you can only have a single quiche on a 7am flight and starve for the next 10 hours till the next meal.
vulle and Ed Size like this.

Last edited by nomadabroad; May 21, 2024 at 2:15 am
Old May 23, 2024, 12:15 pm

Found this on this page

Looks look like the post midnight departure main meal (brunch?). Matches the menu descriptions.

Not sure about having fish and scrambled eggs on a same plate. Also note cheese for starter and after the main course. I wonder if one can opt to have the cheese plate with supper instead.

Will be the pancake for me thats for sure.
Old May 25, 2024, 8:40 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
BKK-HEL
Old May 25, 2024, 8:56 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by a_k
BKK-HEL
Enjoy your Quiche.
intuition likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 4:38 am

AY99(HEL-HKG)
What was advertised as late supper: ​

"Beef Burgundy stew served with rice, vegetables and mushroom"

The "brunch":

"Pan-fried salmon served with scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, vegetables and Hollandaise sauce"

Portions were very small IMO (especially supper).
Old May 27, 2024, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ryan0808
AY99(HEL-HKG)
What was advertised as late supper: ​

"Beef Burgundy stew served with rice, vegetables and mushroom"

The "brunch":

"Pan-fried salmon served with scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, vegetables and Hollandaise sauce"

Portions were very small IMO (especially supper).
Both meals look sad.

In the first the main in the small bowl looks puny relative to everything else on the tray.

In the second the large plate populated by not much of anything does not make any better of an impression.

The ingredients don't seem terrible, surely the cost of increasing portion sizes even slightly is justifiable.

I would imagine well fed passengers are better for business...
vulle likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by a_k
BKK-HEL
Does someone have an explanation why Finnair is so extremely obsessed with Quiche?

Its a bit ridiculous to see it on the menu for years noweven more sad considering they think its fine to offer that as the only meal choice at 7am from BKK where most pax will probably have no time to have breakfast either at their Hotel or Lounge.
vulle likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 9:54 am

Programs: Onko teill S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Does someone have an explanation why Finnair is so extremely obsessed with Quiche?

Its a bit ridiculous to see it on the menu for years noweven more sad considering they think its fine to offer that as the only meal choice at 7am from BKK where most pax will probably have no time to have breakfast either at their Hotel or Lounge.
Its probably because "passengers have requested a lighter meal to be served instead of full meal" or some other .........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.