Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Aurinkomatkat package with AY scheduled flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ffay005
Aurinkomatkat flight only packages and flight+hotel packages that include scheduled flights (AY0000–AY1999) earn AY+ points as follows:
• in economy class, these book into A and earn 25 % AY+ points; fare basis AALWSURT; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• in business class, these book into I and earn 200 % AY+ points; fare basis IALWSURT; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable

These flights can also be credited to other FFPs and in those programmes, earn points/miles based on the booking class.

Aurinkomatkat flight only packages are always in economy class. If you book flight+hotel, you may upgrade with money to business class if you're on a widebody and if there's availability. If you upgrade with money at the time of booking, your ticket will show I class.

Like on any AY scheduled flights, you may upgrade Aurinkomatkat economy class A tickets to business using points or vouchers (in which case your booking class will be U and earnings will be according to A).

Aurinkomatkat flight only packages and flight+hotel packages that include charter flights (AY2000–AY2500) earn AY+ points as follows:
• in economy class, you will earn 1000 points for a return shorthaul ticket (Europe, Canaries, Middle East); you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• in economy class, you will earn 4000 points for a return longhaul ticket; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• business class is not available

These flights cannot be credited to other FFPs.

It is okay to book a flight+hotel package and not use the hotel. Inform the AM holiday rep on arrival.
Print Wikipost

Aurinkomatkat package with AY scheduled flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
How you get 4000 charter points?
You would per AY.com for longhaul destinations, but currently they don't have any longhaul charters. So the answer is: wait until they open up some.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
I created a wiki for quick reference.

One question for those of you who have taken AY2000 series charters. Did you earn only 1000/4000 points, or did you earn a status bonus as well?
CFU-HEL (via Apollo) earned me 625 award and tier points, so there is a tier bonus. Normal rules for A fare code: 2000 * 25% + 25%.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Was CFU a AY2000 flight? Apparently you earn 500+500 (and not 1000 in one transaction, as the wording on AY.com suggests), and the usual tier bonus

Edit: at least for summer 2020, CFU is in the AY2000 series. I'll edit the wiki and add the tier bonus info.

Last edited by ffay005; Feb 13, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: AY+
A few interesting offers again. A week in Thailand under 1200€ in J (HEL-BKK-HEL) outbound next Friday.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
Was CFU a AY2000 flight? Apparently you earn 500+500 (and not 1000 in one transaction, as the wording on AY.com suggests), and the usual tier bonus

Edit: at least for summer 2020, CFU is in the AY2000 series. I'll edit the wiki and add the tier bonus info.
No, that was AY1896. And there's no way I would have earned 500+500 at once, since I only flew one-way CFU-HEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.