Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Aurinkomatkat package with AY scheduled flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ffay005
Aurinkomatkat flight only packages and flight+hotel packages that include scheduled flights (AY0000–AY1999) earn AY+ points as follows:
• in economy class, these book into A and earn 25 % AY+ points; fare basis AALWSURT; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• in business class, these book into I and earn 200 % AY+ points; fare basis IALWSURT; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable

These flights can also be credited to other FFPs and in those programmes, earn points/miles based on the booking class.

Aurinkomatkat flight only packages are always in economy class. If you book flight+hotel, you may upgrade with money to business class if you're on a widebody and if there's availability. If you upgrade with money at the time of booking, your ticket will show I class.

Like on any AY scheduled flights, you may upgrade Aurinkomatkat economy class A tickets to business using points or vouchers (in which case your booking class will be U and earnings will be according to A).

Aurinkomatkat flight only packages and flight+hotel packages that include charter flights (AY2000–AY2500) earn AY+ points as follows:
• in economy class, you will earn 1000 points for a return shorthaul ticket (Europe, Canaries, Middle East); you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• in economy class, you will earn 4000 points for a return longhaul ticket; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• business class is not available

These flights cannot be credited to other FFPs.

It is okay to book a flight+hotel package and not use the hotel. Inform the AM holiday rep on arrival.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels

Has anyone here booked Aurinkomatkat packages? What's the AY booking code and mileage accrual for AY scheduled flights, if you:
1) book a regular charter package, ie flights and hotel
2) book a "flights only" package, ie only flights, but set dates as in 7/14 nights
3) book a last minute flight+hotel charter package

The only thing I remember having read here at FT is that if you book #1 and pay Aurinkomatkat for a confirmed cash upgrade, you will be reticketed in I and earn points accordingly (200 %). I suppose this applies to last minute bookings as well.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I used AM about 7 yrs ago and BKK flights (only) were booking code A.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

That's 25 %
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
That's 25 %
Good for mass tourists.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
That's 25 %
Yeah, airfare&room combos earn probably more via Finnair Holidays at 3 points per € than Aurinkomatkat. I guess F.H. books into some special fare rule that otherwise earns 0%.

That said, I've not used either ever. Especially A.M. does not much catter to foreigners and singles.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:01 am

Aurinkomatkat offering packages where outbound J class (200%) included

Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:31 am

1 week MR to GOI

cistavoda, loimu, on22cz and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:39 am

Cistavoda already packed his Sombrero.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
1 week MR to GOI
Looks good. And this provides actual J class tier points, not just some award points based on cost of the package, right?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:17 am

Good point and that should be confirmed by AM. They promise 200% and 100% and it makes suspicious

Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum
According to T&Cs here https://www.aurinkomatkat.fi/matkaeh...air-plus-ehdot it indeed looks like one would also get the tier&award points for the flights: "Matkan hintaan perustuvien Finnair Plus -palkintopisteiden lisäksi Finnair Plus -jäsenille kertyy Finnairin myöntämiä lentoihin perustuvia palkinto- ja tasopisteitä Finnair Plus -sääntöjen mukaisesti. Näiden Finnairin palkinto- ja tasopisteiden kerryttämiseksi tulee Finnair Plus -kortin numero ilmoittaa lentoyhtiölle viimeistään lähtöselvityksen yhteydessä."
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
If I've understood correctly, all scheduled flights earn regular AY+ points and in addition to this Aurinkomatkat packages earn points on some basis (but maybe no tier points for the package?). Do Aurinkomatkat even have charter flights anymore?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
IDo Aurinkomatkat even have charter flights anymore?
Yes they do.

AM pure charters to Turkey and Bulgaria.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
1 week MR to GOI

Very good value, 1125€ J return ^^
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Very good value, 1125€ J return ^^
+1.
But I cannot see reading on my mobile phone if this luxury package also includes Forenom hostel bunk for 6 nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.