Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

No more soft block for OWE AND soft block for cash coming very soon? (perhaps?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more soft block for OWE AND soft block for cash coming very soon? (perhaps?)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I had the imaginary seat block on ATR to and from Tallinn yesterday. Or maybe it's just that certain rows are not "blocked" but available only for status holders?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I had the imaginary seat block on ATR to and from Tallinn yesterday. Or maybe it's just that certain rows are not "blocked" but available only for status holders?
I believe that payload weight distribution is important in ATRs so a simple matter of row being empty has nothing to do with being reserved for status pax. It’s more about the airplane’s ability to fly safely. That said I flew a couple of legs onboard ATR lately. Both times I find myself seated next to someone else while there was plenty of pax sitting on a seat with nobody in the seat next to them.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The best thing with the imaginary seat block is that you can get it to work on any airline. For instance, I have a nearly 100% success on DY. I don't know how they found out I am platsku, but I am happy they did.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Last weekend I was going to ARN and I had exit 10F on 321. Plenty of free seats around and someone sitting on 10E. Even 10D was free. So this seat block is really höpöhöpö.

Then Air Hostess tried to tell this 10E that she can move to 10D, it will be free. But no, she wanted to stay on that 10E,
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The seat block is real, or at least it was last time I could actually check with two bookings on the same flight.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

Then Air Hostess tried to tell this 10E that she can move to 10D, it will be free. But no, she wanted to stay on that 10E,
Who wouldn't want to sit next to the famous one? Actually, Finnair now sells the seat next to you for 49€.
OH-LGG, SPBanker and cistavoda like this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Erika of course
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Where is my seat block? Is it Erika on 14E or plane full of Plats and I'm the lucky one? (14D was reserved and 14E vacant when I did the check-in)

Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

If you believe hard enough, the seat will be empty when you board. That's the beauty of the imaginary seat block - it is controlled only by your mind!
Furry likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The seat block is just working so well that even you cannot book the seat next to you.

Or the unofficial benefit no longer exists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.