Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

No more soft block for OWE AND soft block for cash coming very soon? (perhaps?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more soft block for OWE AND soft block for cash coming very soon? (perhaps?)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
It seems to be indeed 31C if it's an A32B, right? Otherwise, for other A321's as well, it just automatically assigns a seat right behind the curtain according to your preference in your FF profile.

Today they decided to kick me off from my 9F for DUS-HEL. They told me at the check-in desk and could do nothing about it. I wonder why...
Old May 23, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
A32B, yeah. I can't remember having been on such a big plane on ARN-HEL.

Who was sitting in 9F and what seat did they give you? Strange thing, doesn't sound like they moved the curtain and needed to reseat you because of that.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:09 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Hah, this 31C thing is great, I got one assigned too today...
Old May 23, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Who was sitting in 9F and what seat did they give you? Strange thing, doesn't sound like they moved the curtain and needed to reseat you because of that.
First they gave me a middle seat somewhere in the back but agreed to change it to an aisle seat. Some grandpa was then sitting in 9F...
Old May 23, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by lkrt
First they gave me a middle seat somewhere in the back but agreed to change it to an aisle seat. Some grandpa was then sitting in 9F...
Partly OT, but even a grandpa can be Plat
Old May 24, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Ukki
Partly OT, but even a grandpa can be Plat
Sure, but so is Lkrt. No reason to move him.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
Sure, but so is Lkrt. No reason to move him.
Of course there could be a minor traveling with the other passenger and Finnair wanted to ensure they are together. Or the other passenger was in the exit row and not fit into the task requiring new seat. Or some other reason.

Who knows what was the ultimate reason but sometimes check-in staff might do interesting changes.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:07 am

There were no children there, plenty of free seats in the back, though. This is why it seemed so odd, no apprent reason for the change.

I was coming from SGN via HKG so it might be that the check-in agent at SGN might have screwed up the emergency exit seat eligibility questions for the AY flight.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I too got 31A on A32B in both directions. My profile preference is window (obviously).
Old May 31, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Checked in T-34.

Had reserved 10A weeks ago.

In EF 10B is showing X, 10C open. In OLCI 10A is reserved for me and 10B and 10C open.

When checking in moved a Silver colleague to 10C.

After checkin EF shows 10A and 10C taken (by us) and 10B X.

So at least so far soft block is working.

Will continue to monitor if anything changes.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Just to report back.

The seat stayed blocked to the end in EF and was actually empty.

Load factor was about 75%
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Anyone encountered how seat map changes from soft block to hard block sometime before departure?

I checked in online at T-36 and was given 7F. 7E was empty but 7D occupied. In the seat map most of the front rows in Y had window and aisle occupied and middle seat empty. I could have however picked any of the middle seats if I wanted. Back of the plane was empty.

Out of interest I checked the seat map again a couple of hours before departure and again at self check-in machines at HEL. Now all the middle seats (even the one next to me) were shown as taken and the only empty seats were in the rear. I didn't want to risk that somebody had actually taken the middle seat next to me so moved to an empty row at the back of the plane.

Onboard it was however clear that the front of the plane was filled with empty middle seats. Luckily for me I got my own row in the end but it was interesting to notice that the seat map changed from letting me pick any empty seat to letting me pick only "unblocked" seats somewhere around 24hrs before departure I guess. Thus, in the future I will try not to panic when the seat next to me looks as taken close to departure
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:42 am

Recently I have had seat blocking working quite nicely although it shows my seat block as taken even for me. Usually seat block works best -- for me at least -- if I choose my seat when booking. There after it will stay blocked depending on the load factor but so far I have been pleasantly surprised on how well it has worked during the recent trips. At check in and checking TripCase it shows my seat block as taken, however, nobody has so far claimed it.
Kari Jurri likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Again I am sure that NoRRA ATRs don't have any seatblock pattern. Lately had few trips again, not a single time seatblock while I could see several others having free seats around but not me as AY plat. And to annoy me even more, I put my IB (pleb) ffp on the last trip (for opitmization purposes) and surpise I got a free seat next to me even if it showed taken at OLCI and there were only 2 seats in total free left when boarding was complete.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Again I am sure that NoRRA ATRs don't have any seatblock pattern.
Where do you usually sit? I've found window seats at rows 15-16 to work the best personally. Don't start me on the one ATR plane with "19" rows: my knees still hurt after squeezing in on that plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.