Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
Baileys in Y, Amarula in J.
Beefeater in Y, Bombay Sapphire in J.
What a premium differentiation AY does. Same sh** after all
NoWindowSeat and ffay005 like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
HEY!
I've quite come to like the Amarula. Just as I wouldn't trade my J seat for a Y seat, I wouldn't trade my amarula!

Just ask the drunk pirate!
Old May 2, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by jimaras08
I have three more question I would appreciate some help!
1) Which (alcoholic) drinks are complimentary on SH flights in J with AY? I couldn't find anything on the official website. I looked a little bit around in the picture thread for food in SH flights and it seems like a lot of complimentary?!
In addition to what has already been mentioned:
Chivas 12yo in Y, Chivas 18yo and Glenfiddich (Select Cask or so) in J.
Finlandia Vodka and Koskenkorva Blueberry Juniper in Y (and probably same in J).
Old May 2, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
HEY!
I've quite come to like the Amarula. Just as I wouldn't trade my J seat for a Y seat, I wouldn't trade my amarula!

Just ask the drunk pirate!
Hey sir! We need a DO - you need to explain me first the difference between bilberry juice and blueberry juice, then I promise to try blind tasting amarula vs baileys.

Back to more serious bisnes talk, I only conclude that the key is behind finding the true value of differentiation while managing to keep cost of divergence (associated with the increased differentiation) down. In some parts, AY has succeeded in this, in some other parts not. They should take a consulting lesson from us FT'ers in the part of "not succesful"
Old May 2, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Does Finnair Plus SILVER get me a free Premium Lane ticket for Bangkok airport immigration? Flying from HEL to BKK soon...
Old May 2, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Does Finnair Plus SILVER get me a free Premium Lane ticket for Bangkok airport immigration? Flying from HEL to BKK soon...
Yes, it does. At least it did for me (+1) about a month ago (even though we had an international connecting flight on the same ticket...).
Old May 2, 2018, 12:58 pm

Fantastic. Are those cards handed out in the aircraft? Or how does this work...? I'l be sitting in economy.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:12 pm

They were given at the arrival gate. An agent was standing there with a list of names, including mine.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:23 pm

Did you have to specifically ask for it? I'm reading those stories online about Premium Lane pass scams, and those being held by airport employees and sold online.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:37 pm

I had to approach the agent and tell my name. The agent held the list of names visibly so even though I didn't expect to get a Premium Lane pass I automatically approached her after seeing my name on the list.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Out of curiosity, how many names where there on that list? It's always interesting to know how many elites there are on a particular flight.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:02 pm

Roughly 10 names (so less elites than on a typical European flight). The flight was full in both classes, it was an A350 with the bigger Business Class. Nevertheless, before me boarded a Gold who asked how his waitlisted upgrade is doing and it didn't clear.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:00 am

AY points calculator is telling me that Nordic hops HEL-ARN/OSL etc. would earn 1500 points (100%) ow as codeshare. Something wrong?
Old May 4, 2018, 10:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
That was the rate (for all Europe trips) up until 2012 something. After that they devided "Northern Europe" from "Rest of Europe", lowered the north to 1000 and raised the south to 2000. Maybe the tool isn't updated entirely. It has just been 5 years since the change.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Maybe the tool isn't updated entirely. It has just been 5 years since the change.
LOL 😂 Almost dropped my glass and made a mess for the CX lounge staff...
ffay005, intuition, lkrt and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.