Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Priority Security at HEL.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by heatsink
Yeah, but the gates are automated now. Is it going to automatically let in the person behind me or what?
Yeah, it's a very discriminatory system where Finns can't take guests because they don't dare to speak to the guard. Foreigners like me, no problems
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Crap, you're right. I'm being too finnish here...
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I decided to use this thread to ask the questions.

In the other thread, there appears to be acceptance of OWR for Priority Security (for AY flights), is this still correct? I know the website only acknowledges OWE. Is there signage (the oval ruby)? Also, is this easy to find in the morning zoo? Lastly, we don't have status cards anymore. I can show the mobile card, but unsure what that situation would be.

The website does indicate one adult guest (if no status) plus under 18 allowed to also accompany to Priority Security.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If you have Priority Security at HEL, your AY BP will reflect this, and will also open the gate. Even if you want to use the Mobile BP, you can always download the pdf version and see what it says. Priority Security is printed right below the bar code in the top right corner.
rasheed and Clydez like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rasheed
I decided to use this thread to ask the questions.

In the other thread, there appears to be acceptance of OWR for Priority Security (for AY flights), is this still correct? I know the website only acknowledges OWE. Is there signage (the oval ruby)? Also, is this easy to find in the morning zoo? Lastly, we don't have status cards anymore. I can show the mobile card, but unsure what that situation would be.

The website does indicate one adult guest (if no status) plus under 18 allowed to also accompany to Priority Security.
I've used the Priority Lane as non-AY OWR at HEL as well as outstations.

The guesting applies only for AY+ Gold and up, but I've been successful with guesting at a few airports with Ruby.

YMMV
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
As per Finnair OWE benefit chart, Emeralds don't get fast track security at HEL when flying economy. Can anyone confirm?

I remember using it when the new facility opened.

Thanks a lot
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:22 am

For me it has always worked when flying AY Economy as a BA Gold. Prority security has even been printed on the boarding pass.
esledo and FCO36 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FCO36
As per Finnair OWE benefit chart, Emeralds don't get fast track security at HEL when flying economy. Can anyone confirm?

I remember using it when the new facility opened.

Thanks a lot
Works for non-AY OWS and OWR too, always worked for me.

The AY site is very misleading and unclear on access.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:16 pm

I used the upstairs priority security around noon on a Sunday and found it quite efficient. Only one other passenger ahead of us in line. The walk from here to the non-schengen gates is long and does pass many, many shops as intution pointed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.