FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   New Priority Security at HEL. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1773477-new-priority-security-hel.html)

dera Jun 21, 2016 2:00 am

New Priority Security at HEL.

Priority checkin is moving across the hall, and the security upstairs is turning into Priority only security.
Fun!

heatsink Jun 21, 2016 2:11 am

I guess it makes sense given that it's easier than having regular security in two different places, but this also lengthens the path for priority :(

CeruleanBlue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 am

Well finally. Somehow this year morning rush traffic has become unbearable. Priority security line zigzags through the entire lobby and people cross it by dragging their suitcases and bumping into those queuing. And one quarter of the people in line are frustrated when they grt to the entry point because they didn't notice they're in the wrong line for priority access only.

dera Jun 21, 2016 2:24 am

Originally Posted by heatsink (Post 26808629)
I guess it makes sense given that it's easier than having regular security in two different places, but this also lengthens the path for priority :(

Nope, checkin moves to that end as well, where BA usually is.

WilcoRoger Jun 21, 2016 2:27 am

Good move - and you avoid the taxfree area that greets you right after security (I know, there's a semi hidden escpae route :))

heatsink Jun 21, 2016 2:31 am

Originally Posted by dera (Post 26808656)
Nope, checkin moves to that end as well, where BA usually is.

I was mostly thinking about having to walk up and down the stairs, but if it's true that this lets you avoid the store I'm all for it :D

dera Jun 21, 2016 2:48 am

Originally Posted by heatsink (Post 26808671)
I was mostly thinking about having to walk up and down the stairs, but if it's true that this lets you avoid the store I'm all for it :D

I'm sure WDF will find a way to put a shop up there as well. I hope they will install escalators there. (is there? I haven't even looked...)

kauppias Jun 21, 2016 3:29 am

Now if only we could get a true OW fast track instead of this ay only code bs :(

The_Director Jun 21, 2016 5:14 am

Sort of related to the topic :)

Lounges are out of the question for sure but...can I use priority check-in and priority security while being a AY+ Plat but I'm flying with SAS?

I believe no, but just checking if I could work around this :)

EDIT: OH...just read the post from Kauppias above :D Asked & answered.

intuition Jun 21, 2016 5:28 am

But flying SK means you depart from the lower end of T1, right? The T1 security is rarely congested, not in comparison to T2 at least.

intuition Jun 21, 2016 5:41 am

1 Attachment(s)
What we truly need is a entirely new priority security/immigration pathway, marked with red below. ;)

WilcoRoger Jun 21, 2016 5:44 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 26808752)
Now if only we could get a true OW fast track instead of this ay only code bs :(

You wanna play, you gotta pay (yes, I'm talking to you, BA!) The fasttrack is open for pax of many airlines, not just AY. Interestingly TK is not listed, but at T1 I got through.

OH-LGG Jun 21, 2016 6:59 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 26809064)
What we truly need is a entirely new priority security/immigration pathway, marked with red below. ;)

From Hilton to Lounge ?

remymartin Jun 21, 2016 7:03 am

I do find it a tad strange as this does not take consideration into people with mobility issues.

cistavoda Jun 21, 2016 7:21 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG (Post 26809311)
From Hilton to Lounge ?

Maybe a maglev from Technopolis to Lounge.