Wiki Posts
Search

Stockmann thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler

I was told yesterday that 10€ discount vouchers for Herkku are history now, as is earning Finnair Plus points. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
This I heard also from second hand. Not sure how true, but sad.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I was told yesterday that 10€ discount vouchers for Herkku are history now, as is earning Finnair Plus points. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
That is what I also assume. For me with a little bit over 300€ spending per month at Herkku this was a good deal.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:26 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
That is what I also assume. For me with a little bit over 300€ spending per month at Herkku this was a good deal.
Yes, it was a nice benefit. Even more so earlier when one only needed to use 200€ to get that 10€ voucher.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Green Herkku or no, I give them a big ^ for today's help. A Herkku in a remote location requiring eccentric transportation (I haven't used for years) stored highly sought after obscure edible items for 10 days based on shady phone calls to several Stockmann call centers on the week after Christmas.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:26 am

FYI: Customer service center manager from Stockman just confirmed me that Herkku's loyal customers gets 10€ discount vouchers also in the future when using Stockmann's loyalty card.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
FYI: Customer service center manager from Stockman just confirmed me that Herkku's loyal customers gets 10€ discount vouchers also in the future when using Stockmann's loyalty card.
Did anyone get actually vouchers for their groceries in December? I am quite sure that I was above the threshold, but I didn't receive anything.

Some AY+ points from December are still missing... as we know, every point is valuable.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Did anyone get actually vouchers for their groceries in December? I am quite sure that I was above the threshold, but I didn't receive anything.

Some AY+ points from December are still missing... as we know, every point is valuable.
Yes, I received the voucher last week.

I've lost count of points long time ago but I can see that Stockmann has given me a few points in the beginning of this month, apparently from December.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Yes, I received the voucher last week.

I've lost count of points long time ago but I can see that Stockmann has given me a few points in the beginning of this month, apparently from December.
I have got points too, but that is from wife shopping. I don't grocery shop at Stockmann, that is done on Finnair
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by hrnt
And because this is Flyertalk, we need to optimize (=maximize) the amount of S-bonus we get for our spend. To do that, don't get the HOK bonus card. It requires 1500eur/month for the full 5% bonus. Instead look for alternate places to get the card, e.g. TOK (Turun Osuuskauppa), which gives you the same 5% for just 900eur/month. You can get the e.g. the TOK card even in the Helsinki region, just let them know you want to join TOK and not HOK.
It seems that HOK-Elanto may also be reading Flyertalk, since they just changed the earnings tables. Nowadays 900 euros is enough for 5% also with HOK-Elanto.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Stockmann's Crazy Days catalog just arrived. No Finnair flights in it.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Stockmann's Crazy Days catalog just arrived. No Finnair flights in it.
Maybe just should forget Finnair and Crazy Days. That is pure history.

In 2018 flights are sold on Internet, not in yellow pages or catalogs.
NoWindowSeat and lkrt like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Going little off "Hullut Päivät" but noticed from recent newsletter-email that apparently since this year the purchases made with Stockmann MC also count towards First-level and not just Exclu as before so reaching First has been effectively made easier.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Guillou
Going little off "Hullut Päivät" but noticed from recent newsletter-email that apparently since this year the purchases made with Stockmann MC also count towards First-level and not just Exclu as before so reaching First has been effectively made easier.
So fantastic new improvements at Stockmann too?

This actually makes it possible to compare to AY points. Spending 5k with Stockmann MC means spending that much less on other cards. DC spend as a Plat would earn 15000 points. Would you value Stockmann First that amount? Yes I realise that you would probably have to spend a bit less as you would likely buy at least something from Stockmann but that’s not the point.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
So it seems.
This of course varies but in many cases the real tradeoff would probably be less considering DC's acceptance rate (and if I recall correctly, the bad exchange rate they use if having non-EUR spend). Another comparison could be against 5000 AY points (this assuming 5k less AY MC spend where DC is not accepted/not feasible to use). Also, Stockmann status is valid three years so technically you would only need to reach this spend level in every three years (at least until the duration is enhanced).

Last edited by Guillou; Apr 7, 2018 at 3:29 am
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Guillou
So it seems.
This of course varies but in many cases the real tradeoff would probably be less considering DC's acceptance rate (and if I recall correctly, the bad exchange rate they use if having non-EUR spend). Another comparison could be against 5000 AY points (this assuming 5k less AY MC spend where DC is not accepted/not feasible to use). Also, Stockmann status is valid three years so technically you would only need to reach this spend level in every three years (at least until the duration is enhanced).
SEB MC yields 2 points per EUR as a Plat... which would make it 10000 AY points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.