Wiki Posts
Search

Stockmann thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SPBanker
In this case moving from six (!) levels to three is probably an improvement...
Very true. Business wise, with such small real loyalty angle to differentiate with, 6 levels adds quite some unnecessary complexity and cost for company and customer
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+
The problem with Stockmann’s loyalty progman is that you don’t earn any points that you could use or anything like that. Compare that to AY+ And imagine that one could only earn tier points. And then there is the other issue that there are no benefits that make me think that I should push hard now and focus on buying from Stockmann to achieve the next level to get the -10% off everything every time tier benefit. I mean free parking for an hour if a purchase is worth over 20€ Is not much of a benefit to someone who spends many thousands of euros per year.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by tulokas
The problem with Stockmann’s loyalty progman is that you don’t earn any points that you could use or anything like that. ...
That doesn't have to be a problem. In fact, I would say you can make a really solid loyalty program with only status points, and skip the fake currency award points altogether.

Using award points seems to always take a huge effort. There are always many hoops to go through, you waste a lot of time and in the end you can never get exactly what you wanted anyway.
Also, using award points gets in the way of earning award and status points - burning points usually don't earn new points.
Also, award points always get devaluated. You can never rely on them over time.

There are hotel programs that operates with only status points and it can be really good. You stay with a chain and they provide you upgrades, food/drinks early checkin/late check out. ie You simply book and pay for the room you want and they reward your loyalty every time you stay with them. That is just so much more valuable than having the opportunity to book a windowless broomcloset on tuesdays in february for free...

I know nothing about stockmann's implementation, but I am just saying I can easily see a successful loyalty program that focuses on status perks and ignores award points.

Sometimes, awardpoints are just like TV-shop "freebies". "Buy this overpriced poorly working vacuum cleaner and get 2 cucumber slicer for free, value gazillion euros".
FFlash, Purjelentaja and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Stockmann does have some awards but not award points, instead, useless products.
I just went and redeemed my 3rd and 4th level bags which were unredeemed yet 😂😂😂 how low is that? Okay lower would be to to try to sell them at tori.fi😁
intuition and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by intuition
That doesn't have to be a problem. In fact, I would say you can make a really solid loyalty program with only status points, and skip the fake currency award points altogether.

Using award points seems to always take a huge effort. There are always many hoops to go through, you waste a lot of time and in the end you can never get exactly what you wanted anyway.
Also, using award points gets in the way of earning award and status points - burning points usually don't earn new points.
Also, award points always get devaluated. You can never rely on them over time.

There are hotel programs that operates with only status points and it can be really good. You stay with a chain and they provide you upgrades, food/drinks early checkin/late check out. ie You simply book and pay for the room you want and they reward your loyalty every time you stay with them. That is just so much more valuable than having the opportunity to book a windowless broomcloset on tuesdays in february for free...

I know nothing about stockmann's implementation, but I am just saying I can easily see a successful loyalty program that focuses on status perks and ignores award points.

Sometimes, awardpoints are just like TV-shop "freebies". "Buy this overpriced poorly working vacuum cleaner and get 2 cucumber slicer for free, value gazillion euros".
This is absolutely true and I agree with you. There are many ways to create a good loyalty program. But in my opinion Stockmann has basically no real benefits for any tier member. The points or what ever bonus / cashback accrual would be at least something even if it was a fake currency.
intuition likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Stocka knows too what enhancement means.

Curious, I took a peek into the new incredible program published today.

Now that AY has nothing to do with Stocka anymore, this thread has become a bit off spot but I guess we want to keep this anyway and not moving away as this has at least a FIN discussion purpose
cistavoda likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
Now that AY has nothing to do with Stocka anymore
Looking at the new tier names, one can imagine the contrary. Only Lumo and Basic missing.
SPBanker, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Haha, now email came from their new bonusprogram and guess how it starts?

”we have listened to our customers…”
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Oh but I got upgraded to Gold! I mean, eco-concious me only uses public transports (Finnair, HSL and so on...) so the parking benefit is kinda pointless but...
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
Haha, now email came from their new bonusprogram and guess how it starts?

”we have listened to our customers…”
Stocka has listened to customers and opened a popup lounge for the Yellow Days

And wow I have just passed the platinum threshold so here I come to drink my free coke and get a new Stocka Tumi brag bag lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.