Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Did anybody claim that there is no upgrade space to China, or only to/from PEK?
That was probably me, and at that time no PEK availability whatsoever.
Currently there are plenty, they have released 4 seats on almost every flight to/from PEK. Instead, they have removed all availability to/from CAN.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I upgraded to CAN less than three days ago...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
But there is not a single day all summer with avilability, so they released seats upon request (based on your tier status, I presume).

I have also recently upgraded CAN flights, so that is why I know.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:04 pm

It showed available seats on the Finnair Plus availability tool before I requested it; otherwise I wouldn't have bought the tix in the first place.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Interesting!
I stopped monitoring CAN approx 10 days ago when my upgrade went through. Up until that point, zero flights had any official availability. Perhaps rev management forgot about the new destination, and when I requested, they decided to release seats for more flights.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
AY could stop selling entrances to their lounges at HEL. These lounges are already now packed during the rush hours!

It would make sense that AY Plats and Golds only could buy an entrance for a third person (sometimes we might travelling with more than one companion).
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

This is OT (not AY feedback) but it got me curious and I felt the need to tie up some loose ends.

Originally Posted by intuition
But there is not a single day all summer with avilability, so they released seats upon request (based on your tier status, I presume).

I have also recently upgraded CAN flights, so that is why I know.
It showed available seats on the Finnair Plus availability tool before I requested it; otherwise I wouldn't have bought the tix in the first place.
Well, well, well. Looking back sometimes gives great insight:

On dec 29 I started to monitor upgrade space on CAN route. Not a single seat available on any flight.
During Jan and Feb I repeatedly check, and at no time does any upgrade space on any CAN flight appear.
On feb 21 there are still no seats on any flight to/from CAN. I request upgrade, AY responds "no seats are available" and I was waitlisted
On morning feb 22 there were still no seats available. During the day I was Confirmed from waitlist.
On feb 23 there were 4 seats available on most flights to/from CAN.

To me, it seems they forgot the newly opened CAN route, and when the first waitlist appeared, that triggered them to analyse the route and immediately release F seats.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Running out of Champagne should result in 100 000 points.
Not if the pax in question caused the flight to run our of Champers in the first place!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Justinus
AY could stop selling entrances to their lounges at HEL. These lounges are already now packed during the rush hours!
As far as I understand, the cash sales are only for off-peak periods. Then again, I have not actually been able to check, since I have lounge access anyway.

Not sure about lounge access Finnair Plus awards.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:06 am

As far as I understand, the cash sales are only for off-peak periods.
Lounge access can be bought for 48 euros even for the rush hours (see here), for off-peak departures they sell it at a discount at 39 euros, if I remember correctly.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jmmi
Lounge access can be bought for 48 euros even for the rush hours (see here), for off-peak departures they sell it at a discount at 39 euros, if I remember correctly.
That is correct! The problem is in the Schengen Lounge, during the peak hours the queue is often on the stairs, while non-status pax are buying entrances to themselves and to their families. This obviously takes some time.

In the Schengen Lounge AY should anyway reserve the area behind to the dragons for AY Plats ja OWEs only. It is not correct that we do not find any seating, while Silvers and non-status pax are occupying all the seats.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:14 pm

In the Schengen Lounge AY should anyway reserve the area behind to the dragons for AY Plats ja OWEs only. It is not correct that we do not find any seating, while Silvers and non-status pax are occupying all the seats.
The Schengen lounge is too small on busy days during the afternoon rush hour, for sure. I agree that Finnair really should not sell access or let Diners Club card holders (and whatever else) in at those times. I thought they did not, and I stand corrected.

On the other hand, I may be AY+Plat and OWE right now, but I think I have no more rights to HEL lounge access as AY+Silver (flying AY code on AY metal) and OWS. I have used the Finnair lounge benefit as Silver way back many many times, and I would probably not have bothered with loyalty and maintaining status if it had not been for it.

You know, it works both ways. Some Sky Team Elite Plus and Star Alliance Gold fliers will argue that you and I should not be allowed to their their lounges, as we both seem to have done status matches.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:42 pm

On the other hand, I may be AY+Plat and OWE right now, but I think I have no more rights to HEL lounge access as AY+Silver (flying AY code on AY metal) and OWS."
Myself I was a "lowly" Silver only two years ago, so I agree! But some of the *A lounges have separate seating areas for HON members, I have seen that i a at Warsaw.

I do not wish to limit the access of Silvers, but just to have a separate area reserved for AY Plats and OWEs. IMHO that would make sense.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)

On the other hand, I may be AY+Plat and OWE right now, but I think I have no more rights to HEL lounge access as AY+Silver (flying AY code on AY metal) and OWS. I have used the Finnair lounge benefit as Silver way back many many times, and I would probably not have bothered with loyalty and maintaining status if it had not been for it.
^^^^

Same thing here... Currently Gold, "working" on achieving Platinum, and I think Silvers should be allowed to use AY lounges just the way it is right now (AY marketed and operated flight). It is a gateway drug
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Myself I was a "lowly" Silver only two years ago, so I agree! But some of the *A lounges have separate seating areas for HON members, I have seen that i a at Warsaw.
Yeah, I was yesterday in Loft at BRU, they had a separate area like that. Otherwise the lounge was VERY busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.