FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:47 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is OT (not AY feedback) but it got me curious and I felt the need to tie up some loose ends.

Originally Posted by intuition
But there is not a single day all summer with avilability, so they released seats upon request (based on your tier status, I presume).

I have also recently upgraded CAN flights, so that is why I know.
Originally Posted by Courmisch
It showed available seats on the Finnair Plus availability tool before I requested it; otherwise I wouldn't have bought the tix in the first place.
Well, well, well. Looking back sometimes gives great insight:

On dec 29 I started to monitor upgrade space on CAN route. Not a single seat available on any flight.
During Jan and Feb I repeatedly check, and at no time does any upgrade space on any CAN flight appear.
On feb 21 there are still no seats on any flight to/from CAN. I request upgrade, AY responds "no seats are available" and I was waitlisted
On morning feb 22 there were still no seats available. During the day I was Confirmed from waitlist.
On feb 23 there were 4 seats available on most flights to/from CAN.

To me, it seems they forgot the newly opened CAN route, and when the first waitlist appeared, that triggered them to analyse the route and immediately release F seats.