Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
What is the best value parking option at HEL for like 1h? Can walk a bit if then cheaper. I'm thinking of visiting plaza premium landside by car.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
On Rahtitie 2-4 there is one hour free parking.
kanamurva likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by kanamurva
What is the best value parking option at HEL for like 1h? Can walk a bit if then cheaper. I'm thinking of visiting plaza premium landside by car.
According to the price list everything is the same for an hour or two.

https://www.finavia.fi/fi/lentoasema...nti/p1-premium
kanamurva likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by tulokas
According to the price list everything is the same for an hour or two.

https://www.finavia.fi/fi/lentoasema...nti/p1-premium
Thanks. 6€/h for the closest P1 was quite reasonable for a lounge visit imo.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Learned from a crew member on a recent flight that AY has a pretty interesting crew rotation on the widebodies. There's no dedicated subset of employees for operating the wetleases for Eurowings & BA, but rather all crew members may be asked to fly any of these routes.

Seems quite a hassle, and a lot of positioning (and nights away from home) for the crew. Also, how easy is it to keep up with and switch between 3 different service concepts without jeopardizing the customer experience, I wonder.
florens and kauppias like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
Learned from a crew member on a recent flight that AY has a pretty interesting crew rotation on the widebodies. There's no dedicated subset of employees for operating the wetleases for Eurowings & BA, but rather all crew members may be asked to fly any of these routes.

Seems quite a hassle, and a lot of positioning (and nights away from home) for the crew. Also, how easy is it to keep up with and switch between 3 different service concepts without jeopardizing the customer experience, I wonder.

​​​​​​finnair logic I guess... How hard would it be to find a better solution
Old May 27, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AY LUMO

Basic things for crews around the world. Professionals survive.
r2d2 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
To be fair, it might be nicer for the actual Finnish staff if they don't need to spend months on end in Germany. Also who knows what strange official or unofficial agreements exist between Finnair management and employee representatives.
GeeTee77 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:16 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
. Also, how easy is it to keep up with and switch between 3 different service concepts without jeopardizing the customer experience, I wonder.
3 subsets of katotaan?
Old May 27, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
What is happening with Finnair Kitchen?

(source: Asiakastieto)
remymartin likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by strx
What is happening with Finnair Kitchen?

(source: Asiakastieto)
​​​​​Not any huge debts. I think they have another bigger problem. I talked to a guy the other day that used to work at AY-kitchen pre-covid. He and a large share of his colleagues found other things to do during covid, consequently the kitchen today is suffering from severe understaffing. This was just a random guy's words. But I can imagine it is true since skilled or any kitchen/cooking staff is hard to find in Finland today.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Strange considering Finnair took the catering ops back from LSG a few years ago. One would assume they thought they could run it better.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Strange considering Finnair took the catering ops back from LSG a few years ago. One would assume they thought they could run it better.
The acquisition deal by LSG fell through back then, IIRC, so AY had to take the operations back.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aah_
Who knew. I've been swallowing the news they don't have them any more for a few years. But sure enough, after reading this I asked through WA, and the answer was "sure, I'll post you some"
Confirmed
Old May 30, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by niksal
What is going on with OSL flights? Looking at OSL-HEL June 17th. Afternoon flights only C left. How is that possible???
Leisure and business demand meets a reduced offering. SK cut two weeks ago around 5% of flights, but some routes were untouched while others were hit harder. E.g. for CPH - HEL it is said they cut capacity by 80%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.