Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by zxcv1
My god Sisu the chatbot can be annoying.
What I hate most about these chatbots is often they pretend they are typing, so you're waiting for them to respond.
So many companies are investing in chatbots - it's so stupid lol
intuition, FFlash and zxcv1 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
What I hate most about these chatbots is often they pretend they are typing, so you're waiting for them to respond.
So many companies are investing in chatbots - it's so stupid lol
chatbots bring no added value. I dont know who they are designed for other than monks. And free lunch doesnt exist, I partly pay for those useless things too.
There are many orher useless things in the world though, which I am forced to participate…
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by zxcv1
My god Sisu the chatbot can be annoying.
I only ever type one word to Sisu: "ihminen"
FFlash and aah_ like this.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Dec 18, 2021 at 1:45 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I only ever type one word to Sisu: "ihmenen"
Does that work..? I've never cracked the code to get through to a real person yet.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by aah_
Does that work..? I've never cracked the code to get through to a real person yet.
Try this:
Hab SoSlI’ Quch
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Try this:
Hab SoSlI’ Quch
Probably tried that in Finnish too, it's always a Qu'vatlh situation with the chatbot.

I've got some help in the chat quite fast about 2 years ago, but after that it has always been a phone call - in my experience the gold and plat lines pick up pretty quickly, max 5 min waiting (I always phoned at about 10-11 EET on weekdays ). The email is useless nowadays and so is the chat. Haven't tried the WhatsApp though.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:03 pm

Haven't tried the WhatsApp though.
Or is the WA only for the most precious Lumotic ppl, I don't even know? Just seen the number mentioned here by the new AY+rep Pekka.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
In all seriousness, from a tax standpoint, that would not be necessary. Income and benefits are taxed per person per year, not per job per year.
I don't know about Finland, but in Sweden both the employer and the employee are taxed when the employee uses points earned from work-related trips. The employee is required to inform the employer about the use of points within a month after using them and so needs to know which employer this notification should be sent to.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Or is the WA only for the most precious Lumotic ppl, I don't even know? Just seen the number mentioned here by the new AY+rep Pekka.
It's for Platinum Basic too and the number is visible also on the Finnair website under the section where the dedicated phone numbers are listed for each tier.
aah_ likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Im a new user
I don't know about Finland, but in Sweden both the employer and the employee are taxed when the employee uses points earned from work-related trips. The employee is required to inform the employer about the use of points within a month after using them and so needs to know which employer this notification should be sent to.
In Finland, if you earn income or other taxable benefit which your employer does not about, you can just notify the tax office. The tax can then be deducted from your next paycheck, so your current employer "knows" that you have extra income, but not where it comes from (e.g. previous employer).
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yes, it does - if they actually have someone available. Or you'll be put in the queue. Or be told, that noone's available. YMMV.

Oh, I had a typo, it's "ihminen"
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yes, it does - if they actually have someone available. Or you'll be put in the queue. Or be told, that noone's available. YMMV.
Oh, I had a typo, it's "ihminen"
I thought that it was not a typo, but wishing for AY Finnish wizard, "ihme-nen"
I had one contact through WhatsApp and was replied quite promptly and the issue was solved on the following day by IT department.
Last but not least, "taxes"- the favorite conversation topic between the Finns. The triple S(Sisu, Salad and Sauna), as previously written here has a triple V friend(Viina, Verot and V(***)uilu. They all can combined at the same time at the same place.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
"Etelä-Suomen aluehallintovirasto teki 3. joulukuuta väliaikaisen muutoksen toimintatapohinsa siten, että myös EU:n ulkopuolelta tulevien henkilöiden koronatodistus voidaan hyväksyä, eikä siitä koidu ravintoloille sanktioita."

Would anyone know if AY has implemented this in their lounges? It states that as of 03DEC, a foreign covid certificate may be used to access restaurants.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
https://onemileatatime.com/news/ethi...having-lounge/

Imagine this in AY's lounges, what would be the penalty for going to the sauna without a towel? 😂😂 Would Lumo get a one time exception for their first infraction?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
https://onemileatatime.com/news/ethi...having-lounge/

Imagine this in AY's lounges, what would be the penalty for going to the sauna without a towel? 😂😂 Would Lumo get a one time exception for their first infraction?
We dont care about Ethiopian, we play by our rules in HEL, and get punished one way anyway. 😉
ffay005 and miamiflyer8 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.