Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by florens
P.S.: Just realised it's domestic flight so I guess no buying salads in duty free either.
Just slip an extra tenner into the hand of someone traveling out of the EU
florens, cistavoda and kauppias like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Panicmonger-Krista and Sanna-Saamaton doing their best.
Can't we keep this discussion less about politics and more on point?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Gnopps
This is the höpö-höpö topic, so what's "on the point"?
ranskis and cistavoda like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
This is the höpö-höpö topic, so what's "on the point"?
You're right, there is no on-point in this thread. My mistake :-)

Still, I think thread climate would be better if political discussions were without name calling.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Still, I think thread climate would be better if political discussions were without name calling.
We can always start an "oh bollocks, fricking Finland" thead in OMNI, to stir controversy and openly complain about everything in society.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
All Yli-Vilunki and what not fits well here, also with some personalization as far it is not difamation or other penalty subject.

This thread has its place. The most posted one in short time on AY forum(I guess, not checked)
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by FFlash
This thread has its place. The most posted one in short time on AY forum(I guess, not checked)
We should refrain from name-calling in general. With that said, I think that there is a significant difference between making fun of an indicted former high-ranking public servant, and name-calling an elected/nominated political official.

It is not so much about them, as about the different sensibilities amongst ourselves (and lurkers). I don't think that Mrs Yli-Viikari has too many fans here at risk of being offended. There are people who have been offended when somebody mocks Marin and/or Kiuru, be it for principles, politics, gender equality or (reverse) ageism.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Unfortunately, at this point, covid is all about politics and very little about anything else.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
We should refrain from name-calling in general. With that said, I think that there is a significant difference between making fun of an indicted former high-ranking public servant, and name-calling an elected/nominated political official.

It is not so much about them, as about the different sensibilities amongst ourselves (and lurkers). I don't think that Mrs Yli-Viikari has too many fans here at risk of being offended. There are people who have been offended when somebody mocks Marin and/or Kiuru, be it for principles, politics, gender equality or (reverse) ageism.
Okay gentlemen, I dont have difficulty in asking for perdon for all those people I have nicknamed from my side, now its done

But I will have hard time asking apology for all bad comments about finnair, they are so many! 😁😁
Gnopps likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
perdon
Y ahora la vida sigue.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver

Somehow I think this civil servant finds much more sympathy on this forum. Being accused of stealing flight points from the government. Points that by program's T&C are personal and for ownership and usage the government has had no policy of. (Tax value of spent points earned from employment travel is loosely defined however.)

On the other hand these politicians intentionally put themselves in a position that faces strong public critique - and rightfully so. FT might not be the best place to discuss politics, but politics have strong effect on everything travel and flying related.
ffay005 and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Y ahora la vida sigue.
La madre que me…
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
I don't think that Mrs Yli-Viikari has too many fans here at risk of being offended. There are people who have been offended when somebody mocks Marin and/or Kiuru, be it for principles, politics, gender equality or (reverse) ageism.
Isn't she was sacked and currently accused for "Vilunkipeli" as such? When one is a politician, he/she would always get a feedback from the opposite site, either from coalition, opposition or from the people. That is the nature of the politics. Nameing someone "Saamaton" is purely based the result of the decisions of that person and has nothing to do with principles, politics, gender equality or ageism ("Boomeri ota iisisti").
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat / LH Sen / AA CK
Found something interesting. AY is doing tactical delays.

Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
New "operator" to TLL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.