Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
😃😂👍 perhaps they will extend your status too 😃
I've used BT quite a bit lately - almost would have renewed my matched status with my booked flights. While I was asking for refunds I asked (generally) if they were going to extend the statuses. Not sure if they misunderstood my question, but they immediately agreed to extend my status by 6 months.
remymartin, Superrman and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Back to höpötalk.

I reckon AY forum has become more silent during corona, but many other forums are loaded with more höpö. But this is just the sign of mostly finns here. We Finns dont talk if there is no topic to talk (why dont I shut up now?). No flying, no talking. Clear.

Well I dont mind other forums too much, since the tone has become often stressed there obviously as stresslevels go up with folks.

Well I stop höpötalking now as I dont have topics to talk. Sorry.
remymartin and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FFlash
Back to höpötalk.

I reckon AY forum has become more silent during corona, but many other forums are loaded with more höpö. But this is just the sign of mostly finns here. We Finns dont talk if there is no topic to talk (why dont I shut up now?). No flying, no talking. Clear.

Well I dont mind other forums too much, since the tone has become often stressed there obviously as stresslevels go up with folks.

Well I stop höpötalking now as I dont have topics to talk. Sorry.
Somewhat related, but I have noticed a clear difference in tone between this forum and many others on FT (not like I read all of them, so more correct would be "a few others"). Not just due to Corona, but for a long time really. Less "shoulders and elbows" here, if that makes sense.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:22 am

Arent we ”mostly harmless”
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Not to one's personal budget
intuition, FFlash and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Superrman
Somewhat related, but I have noticed a clear difference in tone between this forum and many others on FT (not like I read all of them, so more correct would be "a few others"). Not just due to Corona, but for a long time really. Less "shoulders and elbows" here, if that makes sense.

You mean there is no 'chargeback!!' crowd in the AY forum?

SPBanker, intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
That intro message is more true than one first expects

Originally Posted by oliver2002

AY actually does allow chargebacks after COVID-related cancellations, so no need for them
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Superrman
I think it's a matter of size and attitude. Both Finnair and the AY FT crowd are large enough to be meaningful but small enough to be, if not like family, close enough.

How many airlines have hosted an open-invitation event for FTers? And while AY doesn't pick up all our suggestions, how many airlines actually monitor FT and do pick up a bit from here and there to improve the small things that we value?

I guess most of us here find that AY treats us well, and I'm sure that spreads to the AY FT community in an attitude that's more positive and less anti-airline and, consequently, less anti-fellow-member than on many boards across FT.
AhogZ, cistavoda, lento and 7 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:56 am

Auts
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Not to one's personal budget
Auts ouch
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ffay005
I think it's a matter of size and attitude. Both Finnair and the AY FT crowd are large enough to be meaningful but small enough to be, if not like family, close enough.

How many airlines have hosted an open-invitation event for FTers? And while AY doesn't pick up all our suggestions, how many airlines actually monitor FT and do pick up a bit from here and there to improve the small things that we value?

I guess most of us here find that AY treats us well, and I'm sure that spreads to the AY FT community in an attitude that's more positive and less anti-airline and, consequently, less anti-fellow-member than on many boards across FT.

Or you don't have any substantial anglo saxon crowd buying AY tickets...
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I’ve always been taught by my dear mother that if you don’t have anything smart to say, remain silent.

Lately I have also tried to adopt: There’s a reason why you have two ears and only one mouth. On the other hand, I have two eyes and 10 fingers...
intuition, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
What about Suomi24.fi or whatever's the Finnish language place now? Aren't people mad with Finnair there?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:40 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite

Classic. And if one wants lots of höpöhöpö, stress and fightning, just head over to OMNI/PR.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
42!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.