Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Meanwhile BY419 is taking a more original refueling stop at HRG ?
TOM flights are nonstop but today 788 needed fuel stop in HRG.

AY144 making stop tomorrow morning in SVO.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

I like the new IFE interface!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Looks like a character set bug. It reminds me of a Viking Line boarding pass I got a few years ago, saying I was going from "]BO" to STO.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Does anyone know if an airline (AY or other) will have an issue if you book a INF as a child? Such a booking will be much more costly but you'll get a seat for the INF I assume. Or will they collect date of birth and still code the INF as INF?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:02 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Does anyone know if an airline (AY or other) will have an issue if you book a INF as a child? Such a booking will be much more costly but you'll get a seat for the INF I assume. Or will they collect date of birth and still code the INF as INF?
No experience but I’d guess under 2 year old need supervision from an adult anyway on a plane, cannot sit safely alone? But if someone wants to buy an extra seat, why wouldnt they sell it? Give them a call and you”ll know.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Worked for my parents in the 1970s, but that info is hardly up-to-date anymore... Googling, BA seems to allow 6-month-olds to have their own seat and travel on CHD fare.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Don't they specifically state that if you want own seat for infant, a child fare must be booked? So there should not be a problem as they ask you to do it (you do have to enter birth dates anyway to any child)... And on the other side of the pond, they seem to quite strongly advocate booking own seats for infants, claiming that it is very dangerous to travel on lap.

However, IIRC, also infants with booked seats must be kept on the lap during take-off and landing.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Pteropous
Don't they specifically state that if you want own seat for infant, a child fare must be booked? So there should not be a problem as they ask you to do it (you do have to enter birth dates anyway to any child)... And on the other side of the pond, they seem to quite strongly advocate booking own seats for infants, claiming that it is very dangerous to travel on lap.

However, IIRC, also infants with booked seats must be kept on the lap during take-off and landing.
Exactly the points I was about the post.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In my case, I was looking to book an award but the airline in question could not book INF online thus no award was possible. Problem got solved, but it was an interesting question to me.

In past experience I've seen a similar age problen on AY. In some territories a CHD is 2-15 y.o. But when booking a youngster on a CHD fare, he was flagged as not allowed to sit at exit row. However, exit row is allowed from 13 y.o. and up, but AY seat map does not use declared age, it just prohibits all CHD fares from exit row. CS could sort it out but it was a bother.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
In my case, I was looking to book an award but the airline in question could not book INF online thus no award was possible. Problem got solved, but it was an interesting question to me.
Right... it's been a couple of years since I last (tried to) booked an award for an infant, but I think AA and AF/KL indeed had that sort of issues with online booking. AA site explicitly suggested they don't offer lap infant awards online because a separate seat would be safer. (Why did they offer such option for revenue booking online is beyond me.) It might have been that KL didn't allow booking award for under 2 year olds online at all. This could be sorted through CS but they charged 10 per cent of the full Y fare making the INF ticket the most expensive component of the whole booking.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:02 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
IMO AY is really good at this INF thing:
- revenue INF ticket costs something (taxes)
- award INF ticket actually costs 0€ incl. taxes

Booked an award HEL-ACE-HEL for one adult + INF, total cost 24.60€ + 31000p. Not bad.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:00 am

+ AY grants INF one piece of luggage (if not on light ticket) AND the usual baby stuff. Exploted this quite a few times making two separate bookings for the family (1 adult + INF on value, rest on light > got two pieces for price of one). Alas, no more infants in the family

I don't think this is höpö, though.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:31 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

... It might have been that KL didn't allow booking award for under 2 year olds online at all. This could be sorted through CS but they charged 10 per cent of the full Y fare making the INF ticket the most expensive component of the whole booking.
Herein might the answer lie why some airlines do not allow INF awards through DIY booking - they want to charge extra. I ended up booking the INF as revenue and others as award, and INF was 10% of a rather expensive ticket. No taxes but an special "infant administrative fee" was added making the ticket indeed rather steep for someone not getting any food or a seat.

I don't think this is höpö, though.
Very true.
However, some days I think most of what I post is höpö so I just put it here anyway
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Has anyone flown to HAV in J this winter? Did you get the usual J blanket, or a Y blanket? Last year, they had Y blankets in J because HAV wasn't able to laundry the J blankets
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:00 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Bdsm
In short haul J at least you get these awful gray-looking dirty ones without any plastic wrapping for most of the time
Not true, nowadays they are green and most of the time in plastic wrapping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.