Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch

With the exception of SIN, Finnair does not fly further than 8800 km to maximize plane utilization
SIN and PVR actually. HEL-PVR 9975km (5386nm) is their longest route, will return next winter season.
SPBanker likes this.

Last edited by Andaman; Apr 25, 2018 at 1:07 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
New airline Air Belgium (KF) starting Asia service from Brussels secondary airport CRL to HKG on 30APR 18. Using AY's ex A340 aircrafts.

I Made dummy booking for inaugural flight in J. Interesting part is that J seats are also priced. Single seats are worth of 75€, bulkhead 30€ and middle seat is 25€

So keep in mind sitting on single seat that it could be quite pricey.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Interesting equipment change this morning on AY1301, HEL-AMS. Operated by Airbus 330! But my seat 4A on the smaller plane was changed to 31L. Eell, the cabin crew is saying there will be plenty of space today, so I hope nobody will sit next to me.
ffay005, OH-LGG, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
New airline Air Belgium (KF) starting Asia service from Brussels secondary airport CRL to HKG on 30APR 18. Using AY's ex A340 aircrafts.

I Made dummy booking for inaugural flight in J. Interesting part is that J seats are also priced. Single seats are worth of 75€, bulkhead 30€ and middle seat is 25€

So keep in mind sitting on single seat that it could be quite pricey.
They've just postponed the inaugural flight to 3 June. https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ncels-flights/

Air Belgium and HKG starts to sound a little like Lucky Air and HEL.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
They've just postponed the inaugural flight to 3 June. https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ncels-flights/

Air Belgium and HKG starts to sound a little like Lucky Air and HEL.
For me this sounds like Finnish holiday flyer Snowbird. Plans were huge and high but their planned A320 never rotated.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by niksal
Interesting equipment change this morning on AY1301, HEL-AMS. Operated by Airbus .
Same aircraft (333) continued to BRU after AMS.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:40 pm

Same aircraft (333) continued to BRU after AMS.
HEL-AMS-HEL-BRU-HEL or do you mean HEL-AMS-BRU-HEL?

Sounds like they had one too few narrowbodies available today. Props to AY for handling it this way instead of cxl & EC261 fights. ^
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:45 pm

HEL-AMS-HEL-BRU-HEL or do you mean HEL-AMS-BRU-HEL?
HEL-AMS-HEL HEL-BRU-HEL.

Earlier BRU E90 service was cancelled.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:56 pm

Earlier BRU E90 service was cancelled.
Does AY still have a 3:30ish and a 4:30ish flight to BRU in the afternoon? Wonder why. Wouldn't it make sense to always operate one widebody instead, and substitute it with a narrowbody when available and when loads permit? Now E90 cxl pax probably have a right to 50 % of EC261.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Today’s data point from HEL-ARN AY819 flight. First it got delayed 30 minutes and then positively noticed from the app that both myself and wife received operational upgrades. Though I would have also liked original exit row seats... After boarding captain announced that today two Finnair flights were hit by lightning and that has caused delays and challenges for Finnair’s operations. Then he said that unfortunately this plane is needed in some other route so we actually need to empty this plane and switch to another smaller plane which would leave two hours later. Let’s see it goes in the end!

Last edited by Tapio; Apr 27, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:16 pm

Tapio, that's clearly EC261. While a lightning strike is not, the fact that they start switching planes on a commercial basis most definitely is.

It doesn't sound like a very wise decision from AY to delay ARN that much. Surely there are many pax who were on a day trip that now got completely screwed.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Tapio, that's clearly EC261. While a lightning strike is not, the fact that they start switching planes on a commercial basis most definitely is.

It doesn't sound like a very wise decision from AY to delay ARN that much. Surely there are many pax who were on a day trip that now got completely screwed.
Plane landed about 22:45 to ARN, so it was about 2 hours and 20 minutes delayed from the original schedule. At HEL they handed out 8 euros vouchers so I guess that is all what can be expected as the overall delay was under three hours. However there seemed to be quite many passengers who were left in HEL to stay there overnight and catch the first morning flight to ARN. They will certainly receive some EC261 compensation.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Tapio
However there seemed to be quite many passengers who were left in HEL to stay there overnight and catch the first morning flight to ARN. They will certainly receive some EC261 compensation.
Probably pax with onward connecting flights which they would have missed tonight. Easier for AY to layover them at HEL rather than ARN.

edit: and ofc the fact that it was smaller equipment.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by aama
Probably pax with onward connecting flights which they would have missed tonight. Easier for AY to layover them at HEL rather than ARN.

edit: and ofc the fact that it was smaller equipment.
Erm, what would HEL-ARN connect to? AY has no onward partners... only OW (like BA & QR) ex ARN?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:30 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Technically there could be onwards Finnair connections via a ground segment to BMA and then onto AY flights operated by TF. But that is pretty unlikely.

My guess as to why ARN-pax were held in HEL is that the following flights to ARN were filled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.