Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
PS they used to send a normal card if one called and asked for it. Don't know if they do it anymore.
I asked about it over the phone, as a side note, a while back. They said "you only get the co-branded credit card"..
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
And then OT: does anybody know what is OH-LVL doing? Has spent at least a week flying crisscross Russia.
Flying Jokerit to win.
http://www.jokerit.com/
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Unsub
I asked about it over the phone, as a side note, a while back. They said "you only get the co-branded credit card"..
Yeps, that's the stock answer. I had to argue, but finally got it.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:36 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
With a slight modification, this A319 has entered into a new service niche for Finnair...

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Flying Jokerit to win.
http://www.jokerit.com/
Of course. @:-)
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My period ends October 31, and previous DC-branded card showed expiry 12/15, the new card shows 11/16.

And I never got a plain card either on top of the DC card, they just told me they can write a "certificate" which is useless.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
My period ends October 31, and previous DC-branded card showed expiry 12/15, the new card shows 11/16.
What's with the inconsistency in this.. Why do I have zero extra months on my DC Plat card? Period ends September 30 and card is valid 9/16.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just having had a hop with OH-LQC, I quite liked those Vantage business seats more into my liking compared to the new A350 Zodiac. I cannot tell why, I just feel it better that way. Probably the slightly more claustrofobic "koppi"-feeling with each seat on A350 Zodiac compared to more open layout of Vantage. I know I am in the minority here and you would say höpö-höpö to me, that's why posting here
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Last Friday I flew FRA-HEL (AY826), and since it was Friday night I decided to upgrade myself with points. Nice flight, nice FAs, and food was pretty good too. It must the first time I've had rabbit on a plane. I like them bunnies on my plate!

Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
I've noticed the seasonal HEL-SGN ends 2016-03-17 while the SGN-HEL ends one week later (2016-03-25). Is that a mistake or are they actually planning to ferry a bird to SGN?
Now when HKT and KBV started, first returns back to HEL were ferry flights.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
<deleted>

Last edited by intuition; Nov 19, 2015 at 12:21 am Reason: Strike that - apparently I wasn't quite awake just yet
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Hurray, for the first time ever, I will be AY Gold after my next trip (CX Business HKG-AMS) departing in 2h posts to the account.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by niksal
Hurray, for the first time ever, I will be AY Gold after my next trip (CX Business HKG-AMS) departing in 2h posts to the account.
^ Congrats! I'm enjoying the gold status for a year now (and have just managed to renew it with some point conversion at the end) and the difference it makes is amazing (especially when it comes to non-AY OW flights).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
^ Congrats! I'm enjoying the gold status for a year now (and have just managed to renew it with some point conversion at the end) and the difference it makes is amazing (especially when it comes to non-AY OW flights).
Oh, can you give some examples? I've been SAS Gold for several years and the value of that is worse every year.

On a different topic, AY70 looks to be cancelled today (technically tomorrow, the one scheduled to leave soon). Wonder why?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Oh, can you give some examples? I've been SAS Gold for several years and the value of that is worse every year.
As a starting point (when simplified) it is the extension of your AY only benefits to the whole OW network, as in priority boarding, free/cheaper seat selection, additional luggage, lounge access, etc. Also, so far what I've noticed that many of the OW airlines are giving priority security access not only with OWE, but also for OWS card holders (despite that being only an "entitlement" for OWE)

But, where I felt the "power" of the card, was when I was travelling in the States and have booked my flights with conservative connections. So when I got to the airports, I could ask the CI Agent to put me on standby for earlier flights and thx to the OWS card, in most cases (to my surprise) I actually landed on the top of the standby list.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:04 am

Wonder why?
One A340 is out of game. And been that for several days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.