Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by lkrt
5 000 points which I consider very generous regarding the matter of chicken that was out of stock and the showers that didn't have clean towels.
Extremely generous!
Old May 25, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
5 000 points which I consider very generous regarding the matter of chicken that was out of stock and the showers that didn't have clean towels.
Were they elite qualifying? Still very good compensation
Old May 25, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Were they elite qualifying? Still very good compensation
No, I don't think Finnair really gives out tier points for anything but flying.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I don't see much people using the Schengen lounge showers, and I also in the past disliked using showers in lounge, but again I had one after a long trip and must say that it is nice after all to have showers in Schengen lounge too. Not sure if the usage volume justifies it, but I hope AY keeps them.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
In my opinion, when changing before/after/between long haul flight(s), the shower is the best thing in having a lounge access
Old May 27, 2016, 11:03 pm
ttj

Programs: AY+ Plat
Slightly OT, but considering the increasingly stingy policies on complimentary alcohol in Y on many OW carriers (including AY HEL-JFK, which I frequent), the main benefit from F lounges is the somewhat decent alcohol, which definitely makes LH flights more tolerable in Y.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by ttj
Slightly OT, but considering the increasingly stingy policies on complimentary alcohol in Y on many OW carriers (including AY HEL-JFK, which I frequent), the main benefit from F lounges is the somewhat decent alcohol, which definitely makes LH flights more tolerable in Y.
I'd also give a big thumbs up on the somewhat new policy on most Asian flights making all alcohol free also in Y (except for champagne).
Old May 28, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: AY LUMO
new policy on most Asian flights making all alcohol free also in Y (except for champagne).
What new policy? On which Asian flights?
Old May 28, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Alcohol has been free in Y for the past year on Asian flights, but it's not a written policy, so I guess they could take it away anytime they want.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by MagmaH
Alcohol has been free in Y for the past year on Asian flights, but it's not a written policy, so I guess they could take it away anytime they want.
Exactly. On our latest flight from DEL, at least, everything from GT to whiskey and Koskenkorva was complimentary and they announced that all alcohol excluding champagne is complimentary. I don't know how new this is but I suppose it's been for the past year as MagmaH says.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Oh, you're right, the website still says that other alcohol besides beer and wine is chargeable, but from what I've seen on the flights is that also spirits are complimentary. I don't know?
Old May 28, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
Oh, you're right, the website still says that other alcohol besides beer and wine is chargeable, but from what I've seen on the flights is that also spirits are complimentary. I don't know?
In fact, the front seat pocket menu states that even beer costs. I don't remember exactly, but a Karhu cost a few euros. I don't like this inconsistency, so they should update the written policy and the menus to state that alcohol is in fact, complementary.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Last time I was on a AY operated long haul flight in Y, it was clearly printed - albeit with small print - on the skybistro brochure that the beer/wine are the only complementary alcoholic beverages with only the first meal on flights to NA, BKK and maybe one or two more Asian destinations. Therefore, my understanding was, that for any other Asian long haul destination, what you guys are describing as new policy is in fact nothing new.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I was pleasantly suprised to get complimentary champagne today on my AY feeder. Nothing needed on my part other then ordering. Last flight was a complete opposite so glad to see they have done a 360!

On top of that the Y cabin crew was friendly, smiling and the service was smooth ^^^

For once I have nothing but praise for AY

If they keep it up I may settle for less points flying AY over full points on SK 😄
Old May 29, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by MagmaH
In fact, the front seat pocket menu states that even beer costs. I don't remember exactly, but a Karhu cost a few euros. I don't like this inconsistency, so they should update the written policy and the menus to state that alcohol is in fact, complementary.
Yeah, I don't like the inconsistency of calling Karhu beer

Do they at least put Lapin Kulta under its proper heading, beer-flavored sparkling water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.