Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Im very curious to see what a “tofu salad” is. Sounds appalling
It is quite similar to the one with salmon. But instead of a piece of a dead animal there are some grilled tofu and falafels.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by JoRz
It is quite similar to the one with salmon. But instead of a piece of a dead animal there are some grilled tofu and falafels.
Can't believe they even downgraded from cold salmon salad without choice or desert, to a salad with grilled tofu???!?? Ms. Keränen, what's going on in your head?

EDIT: oupsy, silly me - it was a VGML.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Feb 7, 2022 at 10:02 am
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Can't believe they even downgraded from cold salmon salad without choice or desert, to a salad with grilled tofu???!?? Ms. Keränen, what's going on in your head?
To be fair, if I follow the conversation correctly here, that is the vegan special-order meal and not the standard offering. => Regardless of that, I agree with your sentiment.

On short European flights, "Vegetarian Vegan" meal is tofu salad (I would post a pic but it is not allowed for new users).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:49 am

Yes, they have not downgraded anything. You can still get the salmon (or something else, I don't know). Tofu is just for those who do not want to eat animals.

And btw, the tofu version includes a desert. Blueberry pie, not a good one though.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:01 am

Yes, they have not downgraded anything. You can still get the salmon (or something else, I don't know). Tofu is just for those who do not want to eat animals.

And btw, the tofu version includes a desert. Blueberry pie, not a good one though.
My apologies in that case - I was under the assumption it was a regular meal
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
instead of a piece of a dead animal there are some grilled tofu and falafels.
I guess I am happier with a dead animal than one that’s still alive. But I’ll be sure to order the vegan meal if I need to erase my notes!
cistavoda, Steve_Hun and EuroFlash like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
London-Helsinki today

Ready for safety demonstration

Gin & tonic

As it was served

Shrimp pasta for main
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:24 pm

Helsinki to London

Indian curry with fresh cheese

Prawns and quinoa
PJS Taylor likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by finnishlad

Indian curry with fresh cheese

Prawns and quinoa
What’s that heap of sh*t on the left? Spinach?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:49 am
Suspended

I do think the chocolate cookies have had their day, I don't know how many I've now had and they are nice enough but it's time for something different!
EuroFlash likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by PJS Taylor
I do think the chocolate cookies have had their day, I don't know how many I've now had and they are nice enough but it's time for something different!
I hope they’ll reintroduce warm meals on all ex-Northern European routes, and add in a proper desert again
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:46 am

I mentioned earlier that during my recent A319 flight they were displaying a “delicious avocado pasta, pre-order now” ad on the screens. The same one you often get in shorthaul J and occasionally longhaul J.

Finnair now updated the shorthaul pre-order food photos and the avocado pasta is one of the options displayed there, complete with sustainable wooden cutlery. It’s moving from business to economy.

https://www.finnair.com/en/nordic-ki...re-order-meals

Last edited by EuroFlash; Feb 15, 2022 at 1:16 am
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:35 am

London-Helsinki

Mushroom starter

very slow starting for service

Prawn pasta, again
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The prawn pasta is good. But if one has it once a week, then...

I wonder if any of these main courses are made by AY Kitchen. At least the yellow erasers, especially the green mush next to them, is still in the form of the deep-frozen German holder that they empty onto AY tableware.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Hilton Diamond

HEL-DXB: yellow erasers, or more officially ”hitaasti kypsytettyä juustoa”, ”slow-cooked cheese”, as they call it. I could hear from the pursers voice, that she tried to make it sound better than what it is.

In the photo: DXB-HEL Seafood meal. Preordered this in order to get the 2nd service salmon bagel. Well the bagel was okay but this dish… simply horrible. Bad in all fronts. Does not even come with real butter but Keiju crap instead. Starter was ok, though.
gioannis13 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.