Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Maybe I should start ordering SFML with the amendment that there shall be no Baltic herring in the food...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Maybe I should start ordering SFML with the amendment that there shall be no Baltic herring in the food...
I had the baltic herring dish on flight to HKG some days ago and it - again - was very tasty.

​​​​​This discussion just shows how difficult it must be to please everyone, tastes and likings are so different!
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:29 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I had the below tray on an afternoon flight to CPH today. Actually, it was pretty OK for such a short flight, no menu so no real idea what it was, some white fish for sure..no idea about the starter but it was ok too. Couple of nice touches, not offered every time on these shorter flights:
-hot towel service
-drink order taken prior to bringing the tray
-the bun was hot/heated
-no plastic/any covers
-real dessert, which was actually very tasty but also very unhealthy, I'm sure - better than chocolates ^

ffay005 and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:48 pm

HEL - BRU on a morning flight.

the return flight was horrible. Embraer, 20 people in J. One attendant, who did her best, but how to give 20 people good service alone on a 2h flight?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
ARN-HEL afternoon.

Shrimp-salad-sandwich, I believe. Didn't look to bad, but opening up it turned out to be some shrimp-goo on about half the bread and a few leafs of green to cover the deed.

I am soo happy I am not salaryman forced to fly this route weekly.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
AY801 HEL-ARN about three weeks ago. Sandwich was edible but still lackluster.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I had the below tray on an afternoon flight to CPH today. Actually, it was pretty OK for such a short flight, no menu so no real idea what it was, some white fish for sure..no idea about the starter but it was ok too. Couple of nice touches, not offered every time on these shorter flights:
-hot towel service
-drink order taken prior to bringing the tray
-the bun was hot/heated
-no plastic/any covers
-real dessert, which was actually very tasty but also very unhealthy, I'm sure - better than chocolates ^

I had the same meal this week when heading from HEL to MAD. The starter and desert were great, but the main course (kod?) was tasteless and dry.

When I was on return flight back to HEL I was seated on 2C and J was full (24 passenger). When they started to serve meal I noticed this same dish was available, but there was also an option to have chicken breast. When the tray reached my seat I asked to have chicken, but that selection was already finished "as they were served to Emeralds first". I was a bit confused so asked isn't Plasku also Emerald...and also wondered that I'm seating pretty front and other meal option was already finished. So I was given the same meal as above again. No improvement in the tasteless main course, but the starter and desert were again good.

There were no Plasku recognition in either direction - not that I would have been expecting any, though. As a fresh Platsku I wonder is there typically any status recognition in J or is it more typical in Y when they use their tablets?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
The past half year I’ve got recognition in J on all my intra-Europe or Nordic flights in J (a handful). Welcome by the purser, thanking me for flying much, asking me what I want to eat.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Silver
I had quite unpleasant experience on hel-lhr a350 flight this week. I was seated on 5th row and and they informed me that hot breakfast option isn't available any more. Gentleman before me on 4th row got it. So how often this happens?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What was the other option?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by muhv
I had quite unpleasant experience on hel-lhr a350 flight this week. I was seated on 5th row and and they informed me that hot breakfast option isn't available any more. Gentleman before me on 4th row got it. So how often this happens?
Definitely ask for compensation.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Today FA proactively asked for breakfast preference before departure from AY Plat on AY1331 (HEL-LHR).
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
My VLML breakfast on HEL-MXP. These vegetarian breakfasts continue to be pretty good and I was wuite impressed by the presentation as well.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
What was the other option?
Cold assortment of cheese and ham. +muesli
Compensation however didn't cross my mind. I got my breakfast after all and it didn't taste bad.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I’m actually often very envious of the cold option. It looks really good compared to those omelets.
NoWindowSeat and ffay005 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.