Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by niksal
I saw a new thing, for me, in the app today. I checked in on a SH flight, and the app asked whether I wanted to take an earlier flight instead. Can’t do that, but it was an interesting offer that I haven’t seen before. Probably flight full and they try to get people to
fly on the earlier flight instead of paying compensation?
This happens when on Pro fare. Once I had Y, I hoped it was a new Lumo feature. Then I sobered.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I seriously doubt I’m on a Pro fare! Booking class L.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Ever since my last flight the app has been thinking I'm still on board. When I start up the app I will get the "Welcome aboard! Our wi-fi bla bla..." popup almost every time.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Another app weirdness - upgrades.

1/ After mobile upgrade (SMS) and automatic seat adjustments the boarding pass in the app shows business class, but when adding to the iOS wallet, it just shows the original seat and economy. If I go to change my auto-allocated seat and add the b/p to the wallet again, it shows correct seat and class.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Jun 10, 2019 at 4:43 am
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by The_Director
How do I remove a journey from the app?

I bought tickets, but cancelled them...it still shows in the app.
Originally Posted by FFlash
These and other mentioned problems I also started to have after updating my iOS and the AY App.
Previously the app was like a dream IMO, but now it is buggy, with those stupid features and the updating of page when opening is really slow and buggy.
So they "enhanced" the app. Please AY enhance the App back to previous version
it appears this still hasn’t been fixed.
Old May 21, 2023, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I remember the app in later versions as being pretty good at stating the correct no. of bags, but was shown a strange tally today. Has the app already gone bananas over the upcoming changes in baggage allowance, or is this normal?

A gold flying on econ classic, with e-ticket on 105-stock saying 1PC (OW sapphire perk excluded) and booking confirmation saying 2PC (OW sapphire perk included), explicitly stated as 1+1 PC on each of the segments.

And the finnair app says
Segment 1 (AY): 3PC
Segment 2 (AY): 2PC
Segemt 3 (CX): 1PC
Old May 21, 2023, 10:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

4!
Old May 21, 2023, 11:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
[Currently, prior to the 01JUN changes,] if you are on a flight that is close to fully booked and you get the text message "You may check in your hand luggage for free", the 1PC of baggage is added to your allowance and is reflected on the app as well.
intuition likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 12:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
[Currently, prior to the 01JUN changes,] if you are on a flight that is close to fully booked and you get the text message "You may check in your hand luggage for free", the 1PC of baggage is added to your allowance and is reflected on the app as well.
Aha, interesting!
In my example, Finnair is flying an A320 instead of the usual A321 so a capacity loss of some 35 seats. Whenever that is done, there usually is a "flight is full" message. There hasn't been one now, but it fits very well with the surprising added bag on segment one.

It is good they actually add the allowance to the ticket, but for a connecting passenger they can wreck havoc. If the traveller takes them up on checking the carry-on they will need to go landside in HEL to pick it up, as the allowance on longhaul isn't raised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.