Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I logged out and logged in to get the App database synced, now at least point balance is correct BUT at the same time the App lost all upcoming joyrneys and the Android App just doesn't know how to fetch them automatically. Uh, lot of manual work ahead due to low effort from AY's App "development", how hard can it be.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I reached a point where the nextmost PNR crashed the app - seems it did not like my WS segment or something. Then it was unable to log in at all - though that looks like a server side issue.

Everything to be in order, except points are not posting.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Trav1970

+1. Wonder if server date/time is three months behind?
Here too. It was fixed yesterday but now it once again only shows transactions from June...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
OK, so does anybody here understand where the gate status “data” in the app comes from? As indicated by others, it’s completely bogus and useless. Case example from today: Flying HKG-HEL and enjoying myself at The Pier. BP says boarding time 23:45. At 23:51 I get a notification from the app saying boarding has started at Gate 28. I notice this at midnight and dash to the gate, only to find gate staff telling me that boarding won’t start in another 10 minutes.

So, where did the “Boarding started at 23:51” information come from? It’s not the default boarding time that got printed on the BP, but it also has no connection to the actual start of boarding. Clearly there’s a system feeding data to the app (as it’s not just presenting the default boarding time), but that system is not the one holding the actual boarding time information (as it was way off the real start of boarding, although the app states “boarding startED” as a statement of fact).

Standing in line for 10 minutes is not a big deal, but I’m a curious mind. What is the system that holds incorrect information about boarding status and feeds it to the app?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
At least on my intra-European flights the Boarding started notification has been accurate and usually arrived within much less than a minute after it actually started. So I'd say it is based on gate agent's command to the gate system.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by _ra_
So, where did the “Boarding started at 23:51” information come from?
Don't know about AY but SK Altea DCS used to have a feature that it sent "Boarding started" message into app when the first boarding pass was scanned for that flight. And of course that can be done before the aircraft is actually ready for boarding.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Can't give you an answer, but there are airports where they start "boarding" long before you get to board. LHR comes to mind as one example, and at LPA I've stood on the hot jetbridge for some 15 minutes while they finished cleaning the plane (twice, so it seems there is a pattern). Likewise at FCO, at a bus gate, they started "boarding" but didn't really let anyone onto the buses...

In your case, however, it sounds like there wasn't even a fake boarding going on.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:17 pm

IME the app lives its own life, with no reality check whatsoever. I have always thought it is just giving me notifications based on original schedule, not what is actually happening at the airport. I.e. the app shows boarding started way before the monitors have that info. And if I go to the gate based on the app's info, there is nothing happening for 10-15 minutes.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
There seems to be an update to the App happened some time ago (iOS):

- Dates are in US format ie 12/25/2018 despite what you have on your phone when language is set to English. Only option is to change language into Finnish which put's them on Finnish format 25.12.2018
- In the past flights all flights are reflected to airport name rather than the city.. For example Oslo is Gardermoen, Prague is Ruzyne, Gothenburg is Landvetter etc.. so it only shows "Helsinki Vantaa - Ruzyne".. What is the sense of this, as a frequent traveler I find this quite awkward not to think of people who are not so knowledgeable about airport names? As a positive note it's now possible to see more than latest ~10 transactions by using Load more -button.
- Gothenburg is still spelled as Gothenborg in the App for some reason despite being reported ~1 year ago to the team and they promised to fix it.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Furry
There seems to be an update to the App happened some time ago (iOS):

- Dates are in US format ie 12/25/2018 despite what you have on your phone when language is set to English. Only option is to change language into Finnish which put's them on Finnish format 25.12.2018
- In the past flights all flights are reflected to airport name rather than the city.. For example Oslo is Gardermoen, Prague is Ruzyne, Gothenburg is Landvetter etc.. so it only shows "Helsinki Vantaa - Ruzyne".. What is the sense of this, as a frequent traveler I find this quite awkward not to think of people who are not so knowledgeable about airport names? As a positive note it's now possible to see more than latest ~10 transactions by using Load more -button.
- Gothenburg is still spelled as Gothenborg in the App for some reason despite being reported ~1 year ago to the team and they promised to fix it.
Yes, this and my early November flights which have already been credited still show up under Recent Flights as to be credited :/
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Noticed something new on the app. It seems that the app has started displaying closer-to-correct baggage allowance information for partner flights. Previously, all I've seen has been "no checked bags" regardless of the real allowance.

It's still not quite correct, as the app doesn't factor in elite status. However, it seems to display the correct original allowance based on class of service.

My sample is CX and KA flights in Y, PE and J.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by SuloL
Noticed something new on the app. It seems that the app has started displaying closer-to-correct baggage allowance information for partner flights. Previously, all I've seen has been "no checked bags" regardless of the real allowance.

It's still not quite correct, as the app doesn't factor in elite status. However, it seems to display the correct original allowance based on class of service.

My sample is CX and KA flights in Y, PE and J.
It must have come with the latest update, as last week it still showed no checked bag, but now for my return flights it indeed shows the correct "standard" allowance (does not show the extra 20 kg I could take as OWE). A few month ago I did send feedback about this to the developers. Don't know if it made a difference or not, but at least now that is working!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I've disocered a nice "hack" with the iOS app: When you are at your profile screen, tap the cogwheel to go into settings and then tap back - the app will now show you exactly how old the data is that it is displaying ("Last update xxx ago").
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by juhanh
I've disocered a nice "hack" with the iOS app: When you are at your profile screen, tap the cogwheel to go into settings and then tap back - the app will now show you exactly how old the data is that it is displaying ("Last update xxx ago").
???

this info has been displaying for me all the time. But I never bother about it since it shows irregular info anyway. Sometimes ”20 days ago”, but app data being correct; sometimes ”1 day ago but data being old like fart”
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I only sporadically saw the time, I usually just see AY's logo after spinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.