Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Hypothetical:what approach to take if one is downgraded/upgrade cancelled at airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hypothetical:what approach to take if one is downgraded/upgrade cancelled at airport?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
The upgrade was in fact for my mother-in-law, though I handled the whole upgrade/waitlist procedure myself and didn't want to break the news to her until I had her BP in hand.

All went well at check-in, seat 2H as was chosen before-hand even though I couldn't print the BP at home. In case of an unexpected "bleeep" and/or a red light during boarding she was supposed to call me, so I assume she has arrived at HEL 'relaxed & rested' and is now awaiting her connection to WAW. Will confirm in a few hrs though...

Overall it's good to know where you stand when heading to the airport in such a situation. What hit my confidence was the issue with printing a BP at home for the first (and longest) leg. As mentioned the last time this happened was at SYD where they bumped us from PE to Club Class. Here I was worried that similar bumping would take place, albeit in the other direction as the lyrics from the song "The Only Way Is Up" would not apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.