Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair seat selection as One World Emerald

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair seat selection as One World Emerald

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Sounds weird. I flew HEL-LHR on a BA codeshare as OWE last month and could select my seat without a problem. Has the reservation been ticketed properly?
Same here, early October was fine. This seems to a new enhancement. Ticket is ok as per agent.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Have you tried selecting a seat via rj.com?
vulle likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Have you tried selecting a seat via rj.com?
Both Finnair and RJ give me the opportunity to choose seats, but when trying to confirm the choices do not stick unfortunately. Well, I guess I'll try again in a few weeks, still two months before the trip.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
I have a similar problem (AY ticket, BA gold) flying HEL-HND in premium economy. The finnair manage my booking wants to charge me to allocate a seat (also sell me lounge access). It's as if the system does not recongize the status of my card. Phoning and using the chat does not help and they come up with various answers.
Today they said "You can select seats for free in Economy Class Cabin, The premium economy cabin is always with payment"
Which is news to me because I flew HEL-SIN in premium economy two months ago and seat allocation was free (to this they then said "it depends on the ticket").
vulle likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
CS is out of their mind with this interpretation. It absolutely makes zero sense that you would be allowed free seat selection in Y and J but not in PE.
vulle, Cymro, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
I got another wonderful answer last week (for different ticket HEL-MAN-HKG) and the system wanted to charge 50e for an exit row HEL-MAN (again it should be free with a BAEC gold card on the reservation).
CS said that the 50e was a discount and the full price of an exit row for HEL-MAN is 150e and I get it at a discount because of my emerald card!!
In that case going to CX manage my booking, removing my BA number and then adding it back cleared the problem when I went back to the finnair manage booking page and the exit row became free of charge.
vulle, esledo and Clarity_ like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
Does anyone know whether having Silver status extends the ability to reserve seats to all passengers in the booking, even if the person with the Silver status is not the person who booked the flights, and it's part of a BA Holidays booking?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flarmip
Does anyone know whether having Silver status extends the ability to reserve seats to all passengers in the booking, even if the person with the Silver status is not the person who booked the flights, and it's part of a BA Holidays booking?
Silver in what OW ffp? Different OW airlines use the word "silver" but its not all the same OW tier.
OW emerald
OW sapphire
OW ruby
https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Silver in what OW ffp? Different OW airlines use the word "silver" but its not all the same OW tier.
OW emerald
OW sapphire
OW ruby
https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits
Apologies, I forgot this was the Finnair forum - Silver on BAEC, so OW sapphire.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I’m a OWE. Booked J booking class from LHR to HEL and back. Is advance seat selection free? It’s tried to charge me. Frankly. A full j class ticket and you want another 100 dollars to get seats?!?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It depends on the ticket type, not the fare bucket.
if booked in "Business light" seat selection is not included in fare. Seat selection cam be free with status, but I am not sure if that perk is extended to alliance members. I'm sure someone who knows will fill in
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Neither ticket type Light nor Classic include seat selection.

So far complimentary seat selection is included for OWE/OWS but might need manual processing by CS. Therefore contact CS by chat or phone.

Alternatively you can first try out rj.com before contacting CS.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:46 am

Apologies, I forgot this was the Finnair forum - Silver on BAEC, so OW sapphire.
Just wanted to bump this - does anyone know whether BAEC Silver / OW Sapphire status will unlock seat selection for Finnair if my booking has a BA fare basis and I'm booked into I or R? Or do I have to phone up BAEC?

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:00 am

Just wanted to bump this - does anyone know whether BAEC Silver / OW Sapphire status will unlock seat selection for Finnair if my booking has a BA fare basis and I'm booked into I or R? Or do I have to phone up BAEC?

Thanks.
Unfortunately BA ticketed / AY metal will not give any seat selection at all – even for BA Gold / OWE as I found out in November (travelling in business in a few weeks). Tried also with AY's customer service, was told I have to wait until check-in. Disappointed with AY's IT as seat selection had worked earlier in 2022.
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by vulle
Unfortunately BA ticketed / AY metal will not give any seat selection at all – even for BA Gold / OWE as I found out in November (travelling in business in a few weeks). Tried also with AY's customer service, was told I have to wait until check-in. Disappointed with AY's IT as seat selection had worked earlier in 2022.
CS is talking höpöhöpö. Next time I recommend to huaca.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.