Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Skimmed through the plat news mag that came sometime this week. No real news, however changes to Taste of Platinum, nightclub stuff and some new hotel programme. The magazine was very focused on travel, even more so than before.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by remymartin
Skimmed through the plat news mag that came sometime this week. No real news, however changes to Taste of Platinum, nightclub stuff and some new hotel programme. The magazine was very focused on travel, even more so than before.
The Amex Gold card was supposed to change as they are removing some extra points accrual but we will see
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
Where are the great enhancements?? did they plan on releasing them sept 30th 23:59
Last week, in exchange of my shorthaul voucher, they gave me a paper leaflet of Amex, LOL
The Amex flier was given to J people together with the dish tray, and it was all old Amex stuff, nothing new. I'm impressed by the effort
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
The Amex Gold card was supposed to change as they are removing some extra points accrual but we will see
"Valitettavasti emme vielä voi paljastaa mitä uusia etuja korttiin on syksyn myötä tulossa. Paljastamme edut syyskuun ainaka ja olemme vakuuttuneita siitä, että Gold Card -kortin edut tulevat miellyttämään teitä entistä enemmän."

As per the mail I quoted under #205

This would imply some REAL changes - if adding a few hotel programs while raising the effective yearly fee AND dropping earning rate is all, I might as well start using Plussa-Visa electron

But I will wait until 1/Oct until making such a rush decision
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
"Valitettavasti emme vielä voi paljastaa mitä uusia etuja korttiin on syksyn myötä tulossa. Paljastamme edut syyskuun ainaka ja olemme vakuuttuneita siitä, että Gold Card -kortin edut tulevat miellyttämään teitä entistä enemmän."

As per the mail I quoted under #205

This would imply some REAL changes - if adding a few hotel programs while raising the effective yearly fee AND dropping earning rate is all, I might as well start using Plussa-Visa electron

But I will wait until 1/Oct until making such a rush decision
yeah, I was hoping for a release early sept I can allways use my first ever black card (PINS )

but unless there is a whopping change I will be trading in my amex, just not sure to what? Maybe I need to change my address to the USA
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OT, but I must say Handelsbanken Platinum is better presented than AY platinum. And with some complimentary unlimited priority passes to go along, Handelsbanken platinum is the better frequent flyer card too...

Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
intuition, while OT, you might share some experience of those shiny things? Unless it is not for Finns. Then at least I would have an argument for cancelling Amex if their upcoming offer doesn't satisfy me: "Sorry, Handelsbanken has a shinier program. Maybe next round"
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
My experience is only superficial at this point - I just got them!

But it is available in Finland too, and seemingly with the same benefits (YMMV, please check facts locally!). For me it was two things that made me interested.

a) Multiple (2) unlimited priority passes. Personal, ie card holders has free lounge visits, guests are charged
b) Concierge service, ie a call-and-get-things-done service. I gave no idea how good it is, but I wanted to try such a thing

It also has a travel insurance wich is a few notches better than my previous ones. It has a bonus system, but less advantageous than my other cards (a maximum of 0,45% of your turnover is invested in funds on your behalf). Some genereal discounts too, so far nothing out of the ordinary.

The yearly fee is hefty, but negotiable.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:04 pm

FWIW, AX Plt includes 2 unlimited PP with one 1 guest.

BTW - did anyone else receive an e-mail invitation to a survey by AX? I gave them hell
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
FWIW, AX Plt includes 2 unlimited PP with one 1 guest.
And a Concierge service etc

BTW - did anyone else receive an e-mail invitation to a survey by AX? I gave them hell
The one they promise to donate 15kUSD to the International Red Cross when the survey closes ? I'm feeling too lazy - unless the survey actually seems like it would have an impact.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by Lappe
And a Concierge service etc

The one they promise to donate 15kUSD to the International Red Cross when the survey closes ? I'm feeling too lazy - unless the survey actually seems like it would have an impact.
Yes, got it, did it. Do it, the more feedback they get, the better....
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by sakari1707
Yes, got it, did it. Do it, the more feedback they get, the better....
+1

Be warned though - it'll ask you which competitor card you use and then ask 5 screens worth of comparison data, some of it overlapping - choose the competitor card wisely
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:05 am

I got the survey too, but I was bit by the lazy bug, ive done a few of their surveys and the only thing theyve done is worsen the benefits
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
Then at least I would have an argument for cancelling Amex if their upcoming offer doesn't satisfy me: "Sorry, Handelsbanken has a shinier program. Maybe next round"
Aside from the PPs the Handelsbanken plat card offers little. The fee is not on the website. No miles, no points and 0,25% "cashback" into a fund (what are the fees there?)
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair

At least in sweden, the nominal fee is approx. 200€, which is less than a third of the Amex plat fee. Only natural they play in difference arenas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.