Fairmont Presidents Club offers 2,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:02 pm
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Fairmont Presidents Club offers 2,000 miles

(I just posted this on the AA board but thought I should share it here too 'cause offer is also good for Aeroplan and Alaska Airlines programs).

Maybe this is old news, but I just saw that the Fairmont Presidents Club hotel program offers 2,000 bonus miles in AAdvantage, Aeroplan and Alaska Airlines programs to their PC Gold members. (Not sure if this is per stay though).

So I'm now wondering if anyone's been able to get comped to Fairmont President's Club Gold level by using airline status (i.e. AA Platinum) or other hotel status?

Link to Fairmont membership stuff, scroll down til you see the Gold listing:

http://www.fairmont.com/FA/ en/CDA/Home/PresidentsClub/CDPresidentClubDetail1/0,3000,loyalty%25255Fcode%253DPRES%2526brand%25255 Fcode%253DFA,00.html

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 02-06-2003).]
Old Feb 6, 2003, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Questions about comps with Fairmont and posts about bonuses for Fairmont stays are probably best handled over in the "Other Hotel Programs" board which specifically lists itself as the home for Fairmont discussion, so I will be moving it over there.

Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Feb 6, 2003, 4:15 pm

This was newsworthy late last summer on the Air Canada forum, when AMEX starting offering PC Gold membership to Platinum Card holders (anywhere in North America, I think). That thread, if you care to read it, is here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum5/HTML/005136.html.

To the best of my recollection, the 2,000 miles you refer to is a one-time bonus for "achieving" Gold status, and is not per membership year in which you "qualify" (and certainly not per stay).

Edited for clarity.

[This message has been edited by pdjcrawford (edited 02-06-2003).]
Old Feb 6, 2003, 10:57 pm

My experience was that Fairmont made me "jump through hoops" to demonstrate that I had achieved the status with receipts of paid stays.

I don't think you will have much luck on the comp.

Sorry.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:47 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tokiovd:
...I don't think you will have much luck on the comp...</font>
Thanks for sharing this. I know there is currently a promotion if you're an AA Platinum that will give you a fast track to Gold (but was obviously hoping for a comp). Here's what is says on AA.com under Platinum offers in case anyone's interested:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Bonus Miles, Free Night Stay & Gold Membership Upgrade
· 500 bonus miles for your 2nd stay and 1,000 miles each for your 3rd & 4th stays
· After 4th stay, receive two certificates for a 3rd night free in a three-night visit
· Complimentary Fairmont President's Club membership at the Gold Level after 4th stay
· For reservations, call 1-800-441-1414
Restrictions apply. Subject to availability

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:49 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

[i goofed and submitted a reply instead of editing my post above, sorry]

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Feb 8, 2003, 9:37 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
The problem with elite status at Fairmount is that they want you to live in a room for months in order to qualify. Their thresholds are unreasonable compared to other hotel chains.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 11:14 am

I believe that gold status is granted only to Canadian resident platinum amex holders. I understand upgraded members have received these points. I am expecting them to be posted in March.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 8:21 pm

Do I understand SK3's correctly, that AA Plat and 4 Fairmont stays gets Fairmont Gold status? (And presumably 4 stays means four different visits, not four nights?)
Old Feb 10, 2003, 8:54 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnAx:
Do I understand SK3's correctly, that AA Plat and 4 Fairmont stays gets Fairmont Gold status? (And presumably 4 stays means four different visits, not four nights?)</font>
JohnAx - I cut and pasted from AA's website - if you're a Plat you can find it under special offers. So, yes, it seems 4 stays gets you Fairmont Gold.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
We were just comped Gold at Fairmont just for mentioning that we were Platinum Starwood. We only had to fax a statement over to them and presto!
Old May 12, 2003, 2:07 pm
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Well this was totally unexpected...

I had originally tried to get Fairmont Gold through a fast track or with matching my other hotel chains' status - and I had the same experience as others. (I had to fax them statements, etc, and they said they couldn't do it).

So I went ahead and joined the entry level way a few months ago. But I never received anything in the mail. So in April I sent an email through the Fairmont's site inquiring about when I should expect it. I received a prompt reply on April 4th saying that they showed one mailed to me already but they would put another one in the mail. Well, still nothing arrived. So on May 5th I emailed again the following:

I'm still trying to follow up on this. I joined your frequent guest program months ago and I still haven't received a membership package of any sort. Could you please check on this - it's already May!

As I have Gold VIP status with Hilton and Starwood and know what my benefits are with these programs I have continued to book with their properties as opposed to Fairmont.

I've been waiting for the Fairmont's club membership to arrive to see what information would be provided and if any upgrade coupons would be included, etc. I'm very dissapointed not to have received anything and thought that I would email one last time before I throw in the towel.

Regards,
sk3

Today, I received this email from them:

Dear sk3,

I am very sorry for the problems you have been having regarding your new membership package. I put the request in myself on April 4th for a 2nd kit to be processed and I do show that it was done. I cannot explain why you still have not received it but I hope we can make up for any past problems. I have matched your Gold status with Starwood and Hilton and upgraded you to Fairmont Presidents Club Gold. Your package will include 2 room upgrade certificates, 2 suite upgrade certificates and a 3rd night free certificate and you will receive this package by Fed Ex courier tomorrow May 13. If you do receive the original Base membership package by mail please disregard it.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Fairmont Presidents Club Guest Services

And I was truly shocked. But this is for certain, with their action I have now become a huge fan of this chain and will definitely book with Fairmont if there is one at my destination.

Not sure if this info can help anyone, but thought FT'ers should know.

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 05-12-2003).]
Old May 13, 2003, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
I have nothing but praise for the FPC group in moncton. Anytime I have had a request or something was not sent out when it should have they have always followed up with couriered documents.

It is my experience that this chain does go above and beyond. I only wish they would speed up with the bonus miles. I guess you can't have everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.