FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Presidents Club offers 2,000 miles
Old May 12, 2003, 2:07 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Well this was totally unexpected...

I had originally tried to get Fairmont Gold through a fast track or with matching my other hotel chains' status - and I had the same experience as others. (I had to fax them statements, etc, and they said they couldn't do it).

So I went ahead and joined the entry level way a few months ago. But I never received anything in the mail. So in April I sent an email through the Fairmont's site inquiring about when I should expect it. I received a prompt reply on April 4th saying that they showed one mailed to me already but they would put another one in the mail. Well, still nothing arrived. So on May 5th I emailed again the following:

I'm still trying to follow up on this. I joined your frequent guest program months ago and I still haven't received a membership package of any sort. Could you please check on this - it's already May!

As I have Gold VIP status with Hilton and Starwood and know what my benefits are with these programs I have continued to book with their properties as opposed to Fairmont.

I've been waiting for the Fairmont's club membership to arrive to see what information would be provided and if any upgrade coupons would be included, etc. I'm very dissapointed not to have received anything and thought that I would email one last time before I throw in the towel.

Regards,
sk3

Today, I received this email from them:

Dear sk3,

I am very sorry for the problems you have been having regarding your new membership package. I put the request in myself on April 4th for a 2nd kit to be processed and I do show that it was done. I cannot explain why you still have not received it but I hope we can make up for any past problems. I have matched your Gold status with Starwood and Hilton and upgraded you to Fairmont Presidents Club Gold. Your package will include 2 room upgrade certificates, 2 suite upgrade certificates and a 3rd night free certificate and you will receive this package by Fed Ex courier tomorrow May 13. If you do receive the original Base membership package by mail please disregard it.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Fairmont Presidents Club Guest Services

And I was truly shocked. But this is for certain, with their action I have now become a huge fan of this chain and will definitely book with Fairmont if there is one at my destination.

Not sure if this info can help anyone, but thought FT'ers should know.

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 05-12-2003).]