locating seat inventory by various classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Location: you can't affordably get there (anywhere) from here (central MT)

I've searched. Really, I have. Earlier this week, I located a link on webflyer.com which allowed me to check seat availability.

The link led me to a page on flyaow.com which showed specific seat inventory in various classes of service, not just the general Y and C availability/inventory.

Now try as I might, I can't find it on webflyer or by searching topics on this BB. I did bookmark the site, but unfortunately, I bookmarked a search I had done, not the "home" site.

Regrettably I'm too technochallenged to figure out how much of the URL I should crop off to get back to the page that will allow me to do search other flights.

Yikes! I can't figure this out myself. Please help. Thanks in advance! Travelling mercies to you.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:13 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

This one?

http://flyaow.com/classavailability.htm
Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Location: you can't affordably get there (anywhere) from here (central MT)
YES! thank you thank you thank you
Old Oct 28, 2001, 6:36 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
This is great. Now can someone help with a primer on the class codes (I'm mostly interested in AA) for things other than the standard F and Y type codes. I presume some of these codes may be for award seats or upgrade seats - can someone help?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 7:01 am

Does this site show how many seats are available on a flight or does it show how many seat in that class are still available?
Old Oct 28, 2001, 7:53 am

I wouldn't get too excited about these sites. For example, A is everything in first class except F which is a straight paid first class ticket. Thus an A may be available for mileage upgrade, premium award ticket, elite upgrade, RTW and on and on. In other words, A is split into many smaller buckets. You may fit, you may not. So don't get all excited because you see A9.

Some airline web sites are quite good at showing what award seats are available. NW, AA UA, and BA come to mind, I'm sure there are others.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 8:33 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Never mind the list of codes - I found what I was looking for on the Unnofficial Guide to American Aadvantage. Very helpful site:
http://fewmiles.tripod.com/AA/index.html#1
Old Oct 28, 2001, 10:57 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dougef:
This is great. Now can someone help with a primer on the class codes (I'm mostly interested in AA) for things other than the standard F and Y type codes. I presume some of these codes may be for award seats or upgrade seats - can someone help?</font>
You'll find the United version here.

------------------
Please visit The Mileage Runner's Toolkit and Unofficial United Airlines Guide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.